Has Dedizone/CanUS taken your money without delivering?

Talk about whatever.
cjpopp

Has Dedizone/CanUS taken your money without delivering?

Post by cjpopp »

Hey all,

Some of you might know me, and some might not.

I'm Chris J. Popp of 9412 - The Rock Station. I have been a broadcaster like you since Sept. 1999.

Back in April, I signed up for service with a company called CanUS Media at www.dedizone.com - CanUS owns the site. Anyways, I got a server from them for $399.00 that's located in Israel.

The server was always having problems like no connection to the next, or it was problems with the connection in the DataCenter. This was killing my station.

I submitted a few trouble tickets, and nothing happened. Finally, after contacting their support several times, I was given a email with the info. I would write back and wait some time before they would respond. The server finally started to behave itself but would still have issues, like the connection going away from 5 minutes when the streams were full.

I tried to contact David & David at CanUS about this service and how I felt that some type of credit or free time was in order. On May 15th (3 days after my due date, 7 days after the first email to David & David on this subject), my server was killed. I sent $399.00 to CanUS for turning the server back on and a note that said we should talk about April and see if we can do something in June on the matter of credit.

The money left PayPal, went to CanUS. The server never came back on. Within minutes of the server going down - another rock station had taken the place of mine on the server and had the exact same port #'s that I had and all. The content was changed, but that's it.

I sent emails to David & David about this, and finally was told that the folks in Israel must have wiped the server.

My response was "Ok. Give me my money back."

After waiting a few days to get the funds back, I was then told that CanUS Media would like to give 9412 unlimited server resources for 3 months, the first month would require my $399 but the second and third month would be gratis. The reason they said was they wanted a classic rock station and instead of starting their own and going thru the hassle, they would like a part of mine to show their services and goods.

Yeah.. they took my money, had crappy customer service and I am going to let them have any part of my established and respected station.

I told them thank you, no. We MIGHT be interested in getting their server services in June. I never got email from them on setup or anything. They still had the $399.

Two weeks ago, I send a email that unless they gave me the funds that were owed to me (now 1 month after the day they cut the server and I paid for it) I would be contacting the proper officials in Florida where the company is based out of (there's a FL address on CanUSMedia.com) and I would be letting the broadcaster community know what occured.

I got a email back that said they would be sending a "postal order" and that they should not have been making orders for servers and canceling them. Something I did not do (How can you make an order and not get the details? If you say "I would like X and then are ignored and you then say "Forget It" that's not canceling. That's saying to hell with you".)

Keep in mind that they took the PayPal transaction and did not refund it via check, money order or PayPal.

The PayPal transaction ID is #8NW95718EW669724W

I sent an email asking them again to refund the monies back via PayPal by 5 pm CT today (6/28/06) or the FBI would be informed as this was a transaction that happened across state lines and a fraud had been commited. Also, the Florida Atty. General would be notified of the fraud. Finally, the Shoutcasting community would be notified.

I also CC'd this email to my legal counsel at the law office of O'Brien & Wolf, L.L.C. here in Rochester, MN and notified CanUS of counsel representation should things get to that point. If counsel is then needed, I would be seeking damages and court costs in addition to the $399.00.

At 4:07 pm CT, I made a courtesy call to David & David to let them know there was less than 1 hour left to resolve the dispute.

It is now 7:34 pm on June 28th and no attempt has been made by David & David at CanUS Media to resolve the matter.

That is why I am now notifying the community. So that other broadcasters may use this information when determining to use CanUS Media's services.

There has been a dispute case opened with PayPal. Case ID: PP-178-930-423

If the parties at CanUS Media wish to contact me about this matter, they can do so but there must be an effort to pay the money back at the same time. Pleas of time to allow them to get funds secure will not be heeded as I feel that 44 days is more than enough time to refund monies that were taken.

Thanks everyone,
Chris J. Popp
9412 - The Rock Station
www.9412.com