Internet Radio shopping

Talk about whatever.
jswedlund

Internet Radio shopping

Post by jswedlund »

Not sure if posting in the right place, but what I'm interested in is simply buying a standalone internet radio, not setting up a radio station service. I'd like some suggestions what to look for, where to look, and expected price range.
Another thing I'd like to know is how fast does broadband service need to be able to listed to the internet radio while perhaps doing web surfing, email, etc.
Thanks
v1rax
Stream Host

Post by v1rax »

well with our shoutcast control panel features you can just creat an account with us then upload all the songs you want then start the server.

and if you check out or prices...no one can beat us.. if u find a host such as that I'll personally give you a recurring 50% off a package of your choice.
jswedlund

Internet Radio shopping

Post by jswedlund »

v1rax wrote:well with our shoutcast control panel features you can just creat an account with us then upload all the songs you want then start the server.

and if you check out or prices...no one can beat us.. if u find a host such as that I'll personally give you a recurring 50% off a package of your choice.
That doesn't answer my question. I'm interested in a standalone radio that can receive internet radio programming. Also, I need to know what broadband speed is necessary to support such a radio.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

To listen to most streams comfortably you will need at least a 368kbps download connection. Most DSL or cable provider far surpass this bandwidth.

There are alot of devices that do this. Just about any media center device should support listening to audio.

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_radio_device for a small list of some devices on the market.
- Jay
jswedlund

Post by jswedlund »

Thanks, Jay, this is what I was looking for.