radio wont work

Ask Questions or make comments about Mp3 Toolbox
elementQuattro

radio wont work

Post by elementQuattro » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:06 pm

i cant seem to get the radio to work.. i set the bitrates all the same but connection hangs. what am i doing wrong?

Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:23 pm

if it just hangs (never connects) then your filter settings in mp3 toolbox are set to stringently. For best results make sure that your entire collection or a majority of it meets your filter settings.
- Jay

Midnite

My Radio also wont work ???

Post by Midnite » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:44 am

I get an error ...http/1.1 500 Internal server error ??? It tries to start but that is what I get after about 30 seconds ... I can play each file on its own but that is the error when I go to start RADIO MODE ... do you need to CHMOD one or more of these scripts ? Also can you use this as a RELAY server for shoutcast ?

Thanks Jay;
Midnite

Jay

Post by Jay » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:45 pm

no you do not need to chmod, likely the problem is your collection is too large. Try scaling it back a bit or using only certain directories in radio mode.

Yes, a shoutcast server can relay this script so long as it is available as a root path on your webserver.
- Jay

Midnite

PLEASE EXPLAIN !!!

Post by Midnite » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:10 pm

ok I got the radio working but what do you mean by Yes, a shoutcast server can relay this script so long as it is available as a root path on your webserver. can I not uplaod this script into a subdirectory of say /stream ??? The replay server asks for a server address and a port ??? what would that be and where would I set up the script properly if I need to do this ??? Please explain I really would like to get this to work today ... THANKS !!!

Chad

Midnite

I did a test on your site and ???

Post by Midnite » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:15 pm

This was the results of the test ...

How can I correct this ??? as mentioned my copy of your script is in a subdirectory of /stream on my root directory of my webspace ... ( I am on shared hosting ... does that matter ??? ) this is what I get:

http://82.165.192.210:80/ Complete Feb 12th, 09:59 CST Feb 12th, 10:10 CST Server Online, No Data (HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found)

Can you please help me resolve this as I would like to stream from my webhost instead of my shoutcast stream company ... they give me 250mb of space ... my webhosting has 20gb ... see the difference LOL

Thanks;
Chad

Jay

Post by Jay » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:23 pm

it would require a bit of hacking to do, and no i do not think that shoutcast can request virtual hosts. It must be accessible by IP not domain.
- Jay

Midnite

JAY !!!

Post by Midnite » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:01 pm

Intead of telling someone that it would require a bit of hacking to do this could you tell a person how to do it ... you say your script allows for it ? well tell us HOW to do it then PLEASE ... that would only be fair NO ??? I have your script setup at

http://www.midniteinternetradio.com/stream

How do I get it to be a RELAY for shoutcast ? have you done this or are you saying in theory that it should be able to be done ? please advise ???

Midnite

Jay

Post by Jay » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:33 pm

Someone seems to think that free support is the same as paid support. You read my reply and I told you exactly how to do it.

Yes, I have done this and it is easy to do. Please read my earlier replies.
- Jay

Midnite

SHOUTCAST STREAMING ???

Post by Midnite » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:20 pm

Jay;

Since alot of people are having issues doing this with your script all I suggested was if it can be done that MAYBE you post a small tutorial and let everyone know how to do it. You would be doing everyone a true SERVICE and help by telling us all how EXACTLY to use your superb script to stream to shoutcast. Don't give little bits and pieces ... TELL US HOW sir and we will know ...

Midnite

Jay

Post by Jay » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:43 pm

i told you, make it the root of the server. What about this are you not understanding? Perhaps if you asked more specific questions about how this is not working for you I could be of more assistance but it really is easier then you think.
- Jay

Midnite

JAY ???

Post by Midnite » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:22 pm

http://82.165.192.210:80/ Complete Feb 12th, 09:59 CST Feb 12th, 10:10 CST Server Online, No Data (HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found)

that is what I get when I try testing my IP from my webhost. Now let me ask you this ... you say make it the root of the server - meaning ??? put it in the ROOT directory of my webhost ? I have done that ... and that is the error I get ... now let me ask you this does it matter that my webhosting is on a shared server ? or not ? I can play it in winamp when I click on the radio link but for whatever reason can not stream from shoutcast with it ???

Please advise me on what you would do in order to get it to work ? I put the script in my HOME directory ... what next ?

Midnite

Jay

Post by Jay » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:48 pm

it must be available at the IP, so if your shared host requires that you have a domain to get to your site then this won't work. I don't believe SHOUTcast passes host (domain) information on to the relay request. This is the other reason why this isn't a feature I promote, there are these minor technical needs that SHOUTcast fusses about which will get in the way of successfully getting it working.

Talk to your host about getting your own IP in order to get around this.
- Jay

cuto

Post by cuto » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:10 pm

I have a similiar question, so I'll post here instead of starting a new topic:

I have the radio feature working fine, but I'm interested in sourcing or relaying to a shoutcast server so everyone can here the same song at the same time.

The radio stream to plays if I put something like http://mydomain.com:80 into winamp, but I don't have a static IP on the domain yet. I contacted the host and they should be setting it up soon.

So after i get this static IP, I will be able to relay to a shoutcast server like viastreaming.com? I thought shoutcast servers use a different port?

cuto

Post by cuto » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:49 pm

Cool - I got the Shoutcast relaying working now that I have a dedicated IP on my domain.

Is it possible to use one IP to relay multiple instances of mp3 toolbox, or do I need a seperate IP for each. Or could I do something like 214.54.32.41/mp3:80