Streaming large files

Ask Questions or make comments about Mp3 Toolbox
Quinie

Streaming large files

Post by Quinie » Tue May 16, 2006 11:43 am

While streaming large files and skipping futher into the song my server seems to crash. It hold up for very long.

Is the a way around this. I have shoutcast running at the same server. Is it possible to use shoutcast for this to get around the problem ?

Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay » Tue May 16, 2006 4:52 pm

If the server is crashing then there is something wrong with the webserver. No, there is no way to use shoutcast with this system without modifying the code.
- Jay

Quinie

Post by Quinie » Sun May 21, 2006 7:56 am

Well it doesn't realy crashes. It more slows down, even dissconecting my eggdrop that's running on the same box. The server completly slows down. Shoutcast keeps running but i can't use keyboard or mouse physical on the machine. Checking the apache log and php both give no errors.

I had my apache config on 24 mb of memory use. Turning it back to 8mb makes the server come back sooner but problem still holds.

Can it be a hardware problem or ? The file in question is 400 mb. streaming it from beginning till end is no problem.

Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay » Mon May 22, 2006 1:57 am

you may need to add more sleep functions to the loops controlling the sending of the file.
- Jay