Can source_dir be = Windows drive letter

Ask Questions or make comments about Mp3 Toolbox
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

well I might have figured out why network drives work for me and not for you.

Apache must have access to the network drive. If apache is running as system (which it defaultly does) then it may not have access to your network drive, as you the user mapped the drive. So in other words apache has to be run under you username or a username that has access to the mapped drive.

I just tried your listen and download links and they both worked fine from my end, I am now hearing the XP install music streaming from your Mp3 toolbox install.
- Jay

GC

Post by GC »

Jay wrote:well I might have figured out why network drives work for me and not for you.

Apache must have access to the network drive. If apache is running as system (which it defaultly does) then it may not have access to your network drive, as you the user mapped the drive. So in other words apache has to be run under you username or a username that has access to the mapped drive.

I just tried your listen and download links and they both worked fine from my end, I am now hearing the XP install music streaming from your Mp3 toolbox install.
Really? Weird. What version of Winamp are you running on that machine? When I try to listen on version 2.81 it gives me a 'Could Not Connect' error..

Does the proper name for the mp3 appear when you download it?
-GC

Jay

Post by Jay »

yea the only thing is that sometimes your machine is slow to respond and gives me a timeout error, but other than that it works.

As far as downloading it does show the mp3.mp3 as the filename this is because you are using the directory mp3/ as the location of mp3toolbox, I'll see about sending the headers to suggest a filename in beta 3.

I am using Winamp version 2.79

FYI i am willing to bet that I will have beta 3 out tonight or tommorrow which fixes alot of issues with recursing and stuff like that.
- Jay

GC

Post by GC »

Jay wrote:yea the only thing is that sometimes your machine is slow to respond and gives me a timeout error, but other than that it works.

As far as downloading it does show the mp3.mp3 as the filename this is because you are using the directory mp3/ as the location of mp3toolbox, I'll see about sending the headers to suggest a filename in beta 3.

I am using Winamp version 2.79

FYI i am willing to bet that I will have beta 3 out tonight or tommorrow which fixes alot of issues with recursing and stuff like that.
You were right about the share/user problem.. heh. Decided that that machine was too damn slow, sooo...

http://mp3.uhoh-boom.com

I set it up on the same box as my MP3s, and it works now.. well, it finds the files now, and can stream them.. but it makes weird beeps and stuff in the stream..

recursive directories seem to work in beta 2 after all, heh.. though it's kinda messy.. :/ Weirdly, I tried to turn recursive OFF and it won't turn off, it's stuck on.. heh. I'll give beta 3 a shot when it's out, I guess. :)
-GC

Jay

Post by Jay »

do you have your php configured to safemode?

The beeps are caused by php error throwing in the stream. I have cleaned that up in beta 3

and I do agree the recursive bit was a mess. I guess I just threw it out too early.

Also recursing works differently in beta 3. The interface does not throw out every mp3 in all of your directories, it now follows your directory structure.
- Jay

Jay

Post by Jay »

I just took a look at your site and it appears you are running apache2 on XP, this is bad. there is a known issue with this, which basically dumps temp data into your stream. You either need to get a patch from MS or download Apache 1x and use it. That should fix the beeps and pops.
- Jay

GC

Post by GC »

Jay wrote:I just took a look at your site and it appears you are running apache2 on XP, this is bad. there is a known issue with this, which basically dumps temp data into your stream. You either need to get a patch from MS or download Apache 1x and use it. That should fix the beeps and pops.
ugh.. thanks.

I'm just going to stick with 'edna' for now.. to begin with I was more looking for the program which controlled the PHP script in your sig.. :) I realize now that's part of radio toolbox.. any chance you'd be willing to share/link to the actual 'whatimlisteningto' source? heheh.. That's really cool to me..
-GC

Jay

Post by Jay »

sure thing http://www.radiotoolbox.com/radiotoolbo ... layin.phps

this is a simplified version of it using stringtext rather then truetype fonts however. Real easy to modify it from this to what I have though. You will need to make songband1.png in you favorite image editor or use the one at http://www.radiotoolbox.com/radiotoolbox/songband1.png

This works with shoutcast, live365, or Icecast2. Not directly with Winamp, however I wrote a plugin to do that for the guys at Winampdb.com
- Jay

GC

Post by GC »

Jay wrote:sure thing http://www.radiotoolbox.com/radiotoolbo ... layin.phps

this is a simplified version of it using stringtext rather then truetype fonts however. Real easy to modify it from this to what I have though. You will need to make songband1.png in you favorite image editor or use the one at http://www.radiotoolbox.com/radiotoolbox/songband1.png

This works with shoutcast, live365, or Icecast2. Not directly with Winamp, however I wrote a plugin to do that for the guys at Winampdb.com
So that pulls the song information from winampdb, or... ?
-GC

Jay

Post by Jay »

that pulls the song info off of Radio Toolbox's catcher script

The song is gathered by the RTB application from your server, then the data is posted to a script called catcher.php on your server which take the information and stores it in an includes.php file which the whatimplayin.php file pulls the information.
- Jay

GC

Post by GC »

Jay wrote:that pulls the song info off of Radio Toolbox's catcher script

The song is gathered by the RTB application from your server, then the data is posted to a script called catcher.php on your server which take the information and stores it in an includes.php file which the whatimplayin.php file pulls the information.
Okay, I understand now.. went over to the RTB faq and read it.. came to the realization of how it works.. heh. Now to wait for a slot to open up..

Thanks for your help!
-GC