Commercial Break MP3 files during Radio List

Ask Questions or make comments about Mp3 Toolbox
Mantis

Commercial Break MP3 files during Radio List

Post by Mantis »

HI there. Great product. Problem is it is a bit hard to understand the code so that one can modify it for his own purposes. I would like to have this kind of setup...

Say a user clicks the Radio List link.He is streamed one mp3, then another then another, and then a short 5 second clip would mention a sponsor or even the website that he is on, and then play 3 or 5 more mp3s and then another sponsor or call station tag.

How is this done. Please let me know. Would be awesome. Also I am working on a MP3 list cache so the system doesn't have to keep rebuilding the list each time a user refreshes the page. Will make searching and stuff easier. I will let you all know when I have a mod ready.

Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

actually I am working on this exact thing for the next beta, beta 4

It will have a $playlist_script array that you can build in the config and will follow that list choosing randomly from the directories listed. Great for what your talking about :). Should be available soon, as for the mod, I too have been thinking of building a cache system, especially when it comes to the radio service, but if you do get the mod built please share, I might make it part of the distributed code.
- Jay

Mantis

Post by Mantis »

Great! Thank you!

Who ever gets to the cache mod first i guess. I will let you do the radio one cause I am LOST!

Also any way of making the templates (for better lack of a term) more flexable for the BODY part? Right now you have it embedded and it looks like code that I normally write for non distribution.

Anyway, awesome tool. I was pulling my hairout with Shoutcast trying to get this thing set up and this works great. Ya, I found you on the WINAMP forums. I will be using Shoutcast for a weekly 2 hour show though, so SC has one good use :-)

Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

yea the reason that it doesn't have a template design is because I was focusing more on the functionality rather then the look, most of the look is controlled by stylesheets, so that gives you some control. But later I may add some sort of template system.
- Jay