Download sourcefile

Ask Questions or make comments about Mp3 Toolbox
GX

Download sourcefile

Post by GX »

"Mp3 ToolBox is the first (as far as I know) fully functionally on-demand live stream emulating jukebox php script ever. It includes many of the same security features found in SHOUTcast's On-Demand Functionality that block downloading of the source files."

I'm sorry, but I don't see how it blocks me from downloading the source file. In the online demo you just have to right click the "Listen" link and choose "Save Target As..." to save the playlist file. Then you just open that file in a text editor (like notepad) and there you go. Just copy the link (in this case http://www.radiotoolbox.com/mp3toolbox/ ... 3&dir_id=0) to your web browser, press enter, and your web browser will ask you if you want to save the file. Choose yes, and you're done.

Using PHP to read a file and write it out to the web browser won't keep you from saving it... (Actually I haven't looked at the source code yet, but I guess that's what the script does. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Anyway, I think the on-demand streaming thing is a great idea. Keep it going!

God bless
GX

Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

I am not blocking by user-agent in the online demo, but if you download and configure the user-agent blocker to disallow the popular browsers your technique would be stopped. If you have the mp3's stored off the webroot directory you will not be able to gain access to them by any other means then through the script. This is a potential security feature, not implemented in the online demo due to the fact that the artist gave me permission to allow downloading.
- Jay

Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

this has been now been clarified on the demo page.
- Jay

GX

Alright

Post by GX »

Alright, thank you for the info. I thought it was kinda strange when I could d/l the songs that easily :)