Ask Questions or make comments about Mp3 Toolbox
coolerhund

realplayer 10

Post by coolerhund » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:13 am

i have some problems with realplayer 10.0

i cannot play the examples on
http://www.radiotoolbox.com/mp3toolbox/

with realplayer 10.0.

The realplayer 10.0 connects. The the loading starts. After some time the realplayer starts to play (i can see the time running). And the problem now is:
1) the time is running to fast
2) i hear only about 3 seconds music, then silence.

but with older versions of realplayer, the examples work fine (also with winamp).

the problem appears both on windows xp and linux.

any ideas, comments, similar problems ?

Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:24 pm

Real player has slowly been making it more difficult to work with their player. My best suggestion is to avoid using their player where ever possible.
- Jay

coolerhund

Post by coolerhund » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:29 am

yes, of course but:

we make use of the mp3 toolbox to stream tons of mp3 files. since we want to cover a broad range of players to fit the user needs we look for a solution how to use realplayer 10.0 with mp3 radiotoolbox.
and i wanted to ask whether there is a solution, or at least if a workaround exists (without changing the player) ....

Jay

Post by Jay » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:55 am

someone a while back made a bunch of modifications for running realone so I am sure it's possible, but I am not in a position where I can sit and chase features for their player at the moment.
- Jay

coolerhund

Post by coolerhund » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:44 am

do you know who made the modifications ?

where did he/she post it ? i couldn't find anything about such modifications in the mp3 toolbox forum.

thx in advance.

playfm

Post by playfm » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:52 pm

hi there,

any news on the real10 issues? I'ld also be VERY interested in getting this to run...our site (play-fm.net offers an extensive archive of (live-) DJ-mixes...it's important for us to support as many player-softwares as possible...

greets,
mike

playfm

RealPlayer workaround

Post by playfm » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:50 pm

just discovered the reason why realmedia player doesnt work with the mp3toolbox - obviously the handling of the HTTP_RANGE parameter makes some trouble... a quick hack is to query the http-referer (for "RealMedia") and skip the accorcing: code

$pos = strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],"RealMedia");
if ($pos === false) {
$offset = @eregi_replace("bytes=(.*)-", '\1', $HTTP_RANGE);
@fseek($fp, $offset);
}

hope that helps...

2stepback

Re: RealPlayer workaround

Post by 2stepback » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:55 am

playfm wrote:just discovered the reason why realmedia player doesnt work with the mp3toolbox - obviously the handling of the HTTP_RANGE parameter makes some trouble... a quick hack is to query the http-referer (for "RealMedia") and skip the accorcing: code

$pos = strpos($_SERVER[\'HTTP_USER_AGENT\'],"RealMedia");
if ($pos === false) {
$offset = @eregi_replace("bytes=(.*)-", \'\\1\', $HTTP_RANGE);
@fseek($fp, $offset);
}

hope that helps...
yes but in what file do we put that code and in what line, and will our normal playing in winamp still work.. can you be more precise?.. contact me at [email protected] if you can with an replay :-)

playfm

Post by playfm » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:32 am

sorry, forget to mention:

the changes have to be inserted in index.php on line 802 (after the case "stream" statement). since I just use the stream-function I cant tell u if similar changes have to be made in "listen", "listenall" or "radio", but u can find out easily..

greeetz

btw: I'm currently building a flash-client to operate with the mp3toolbox which is currently working fine except some memory issues onthe flash-client... if any flash-cracks interested in such a solution read this, please contact me vby posting here!

Jay

Post by Jay » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:58 am

if you would be interested in allowing it to be merged with the mp3 toolbox branch, I'll take a look at it.
- Jay

playfm

Post by playfm » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:20 am

hi jay!

first of all thx a lot for your work!! as a non-commerical project we are more than thankful for supplying us with ur mp3toolbox (also most of our staff uses ur radiotoolbox to monitor our servers ;) )...

so, of course u may include the code-snippet into your codebase, I wasnt aware that mp3toolbox is still actively developed, otherwise I would have contacted u directly.

if u need any help, please contact me at [email protected] course I can send u the complete index.php, but I think it's not really of much use since there are also other mod's I made... for example a kind of "throttle" which only streams as many kilobytes-per-second as is really needed for uninterrupted streaming (without this mod leechers can suck the streamed mp3's with full bandwidth, which for our project would be very bad)...if ur interested in these kind of stuff -> contact me,I'll be glad to supply u with my code.

if u would like to be listed as one of our partners (http://www.play.fm/playfm_sponsors.php) dont hesitate to send me a logo and I'll link u on our page).

greetz, mike

Jay

Post by Jay » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:41 pm

well the flash client is something I think would be a great integrated feature of mp3 toolbox.

As for linkages, the more the better, check out our promotion page at http://www.radiotoolbox.com/promote.php and feel free to pick the appropriate banner for your site.
- Jay

2stepback

code snip

Post by 2stepback » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:38 pm

hi both.
can any off you maby shot where that code have to be inserted, so even i can use it 8)