Active Url Setup

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
themixturemedia

Active Url Setup

Post by themixturemedia »

Hey there this active url thing sounds really cool I was wondering how to set it up. I tried adding the url via the the mp3 file info (Winamp) and when I went to look at the active url part in the admin page it was not there.

Also how will people see this should it work in almost all players that people should see it??
The Mixture Media Radio: :twisted:
The best on-line music from the 60's,70's,80's,90's and today. Streaming at 64kbps/48khz (MP3) and 32kbps/44khz (Ogg) 24 hours a day 7 days a week. With great sound and even better music.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

it only works with SHOUTcast style source tools like the SHOUTcast dsp.

basically the url is passed via the same way the song titles are

admin.cgi?pass=password&mode=updinfo&url=http://someurl.com
- Jay
themixturemedia

Oddcast

Post by themixturemedia »

Hey well why not make it work for Oddcast it is alot more powerfull then shoutcast. You can do more with it and hey why not with the SAM player also. Why make a feature that sounds really cool but only make it for a dsp that has not been updated in well forever. Jay if there is a way to make this really cool feature for oddcast and sam then I would go for it just my thought. :P
The Mixture Media Radio: :twisted:
The best on-line music from the 60's,70's,80's,90's and today. Streaming at 64kbps/48khz (MP3) and 32kbps/44khz (Ogg) 24 hours a day 7 days a week. With great sound and even better music.
Lane

Post by Lane »

I thought it did work for ogg vorbis.

Although, when I try and update titles with ogg vorbis (using oddsock dsp), i get blips in the music.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: Oddcast

Post by Jay »

themixturemedia wrote:Hey well why not make it work for Oddcast it is alot more powerfull then shoutcast. You can do more with it and hey why not with the SAM player also. Why make a feature that sounds really cool but only make it for a dsp that has not been updated in well forever. Jay if there is a way to make this really cool feature for oddcast and sam then I would go for it just my thought. :P
I really think you are missing my point. This is the same thing that has been in SHOUTcast for ages. If oddcast or any other encoder wants to support it they can. This is not a new thing.
Lane wrote:I thought it did work for ogg vorbis.

Although, when I try and update titles with ogg vorbis (using oddsock dsp), i get blips in the music.
Is this something that occurs with Icecast2 as well or only Steamcast?
- Jay
Lane

Re: Oddcast

Post by Lane »

Jay wrote:
Lane wrote:Although, when I try and update titles with ogg vorbis (using oddsock dsp), i get blips in the music.
Is this something that occurs with Icecast2 as well or only Steamcast?
I'll make a point of retesting that. I don't want to say something that's wrong. Stay tuned ...