Steamcast and multiple streams.. from noob

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
cmatkin

Steamcast and multiple streams.. from noob

Post by cmatkin »

Hi,
I would like to stream multiple audio sources with streamcast.
EG:
1. Playlist_01
2. Playlist_02
3. Local CD/DVD
4. Aux Audio in

What would be the best front end software to do this?

Regards
Craig
djclae

Post by djclae »

You can do that with the plain old Shoutcast source plugin for Winamp. Just choose the soundcard for the source, and choose which recording source in your sound card's recording mixer.
Lane

if you want to get fancy

Post by Lane »

I use something called OtsDJ. think of it as winamp on steroids.

What is has is an awesome audio pipeline, extremely 'real' song mixing, and tons more features. I actually use it to run a radio station 24 hours a day without human internvetion.

For your particualr question, it can play a CD, and it can play two tracks from the same CD *at the same time*. And you can scratch and mix them. Plus you can use aux in to talk over, or play any old mp3 you like.

The real brains of this program is how it can auto mix between two songs, and do a cross fade you would swear was done by a real person. It also has a single band processor built in for some pretty tight sounding audio.

And it does all of this on a 200mhz junker. I've never actually purchased a more stable and efficient program.

And no, I don't work for them, or get paid to say that!

You can download the *fully functional* demo at http://otsdj.com
betatester
Stream Host

Post by betatester »

You can do this with OTSDJ, you just need to have multiple licenses which sucks ass.

You should really be talking to them about it.

As for multiple streams through the server, you will need to have multiple servers.

On a side note, leave your "n00b" at the door~ a lot of us are probably quite irritated by that after the friggin shoutcast forums...this is more the "non kiddie" end of the pool where there is more chlorine then piss in the water ;)

Hope this helps!
Lane

Post by Lane »

oh, did I misunderstand? He wants multiple audio sources. I didn't think he wanted *different* streams/shows at the same time. OtsDJ would require multiple licences if you want to stream several different shows at the same time. If you merely want to be able to stream all those different audio sources as a single show, then a single otsdj licence is fine. With the oddcast dsp, you can send the same show to multiple servers.