mpeg stream not in sync

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
ardealul

mpeg stream not in sync

Post by ardealul »

i am experiencing the following problem with steamcast:

but first i would like to express my gratitude towards the person that created steamcast in the first place, and say that in terms of functionality, its comparable to windows media services, so far above shoutcast and icecast 1.x/2.x.

returning to my problem. i am using steamcast only as a relay agent to some internet radio stations. 99% of these relay perfectly, except for smoothjazz.com (smoothlounge works well). this stream after a few minutes (random period of time) desyncs, meaning it starts to blip and bip and pause and fuzz and fuss, this issue not beeing temporary (it's not because of network problems, which after a while would get solved and the audio would return to normal - the stream itself, accesssed directly, doesn't have this problem). this wouldn't normaly be a big problem, except that the audience of this station is quite large in my company (actually i wouldn't even care how many they were, as i like to listen to it in the first place). we do relaying due to our limited bandwith.

again, a great job with this product.

as a sidenote, version two of steamcast might even relay/stream windows media formats (using ffmpeg maybe) :wink:
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

what is the meta interval for the problematic server?

Steamcast can only relay servers with meta intervals of 8192 or 16384

Any other setting and you get blips, something which I am hammering a solution out to as we speak.
- Jay
ardealul

Post by ardealul »

i have no idea as to what meta interval means. if you would be so kind as to explain it in short (2-3 words) and how would i find that out, i would gladly provide you with an answer.
this said, i don't think thats the problem. as i said, the stream is relayed without a glitch for a variable amount of time (no more than 10 minutes though) after which it starts relaying blips.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

you can find the meta int setting in the configuration file of your shoutcast server.

The latest version of SHOUTcast defaults to a setting steamcast cannot handle which is why I am speculating that this is the cause.
- Jay
ardealul

Post by ardealul »

ah, remembered what you mean. the problem is that it is not MY shoutcast server. the stream i'm trying to relay is smoothjazz.com, with which i have absolutely no relation. this is why i cannot take a look into the configuration file.