Global Listener limit across mount points

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
Vchat20

Global Listener limit across mount points

Post by Vchat20 »

ok. ive been thinking about switching my public servers over to steamcast. since im streaming from my home connection, im limited to my outgoing bandwidth and can only handle 10 24k listeners at a time. i was thinking about doing a 24k aac+ server and a 24k mp3pro server to accomodate all the listeners. but im kinda uncomfortable only having 5 listener servers. is it possible to have a global set of listeners and fluctuate the listener limits for each mount point based on what each point has. for example, if the mp3pro server has 7 listeners, the aac+ server has a limit of 3. or if the aac+ server has 8 listeners, the mp3pro server only has 2.

is this feature already there or is it pretty much not possible or what?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

You would use the MaxUser Setting

Then set your Source limits to the same as the MaxUser.
- Jay
Vchat20

Post by Vchat20 »

ah. thats what i figured from what it said in the config file. another quick question: what is the correct mountpoint extension for an aac+ stream? .aac? cuz i thought the correct encapsulation was .mp4, but winamp was having problems tuning into that (the little http request window popped up and IT was grabbing all the stream data rather than just a playlist type file).
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

no winamp expects an aac extension, there is no encapsulating format for shoutcast aacPlus streams, it is raw.

aacPlus is the same for AAC as mp3Pro is for mp3 if that helps any. So you would use the normal extension regardless.
- Jay