REQUEST: Execute Script on Source Connect/Disconnect

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
Skitz

REQUEST: Execute Script on Source Connect/Disconnect

Post by Skitz »

Hello Jay,

Thankyou so much for steamcast - the ability to control the point at which a client starts streaming the buffer is a god send for my plan to automate our little radio station as much as possible and I was wondering if you could add this to the wishlist?

Let me explain - we currently have a very basic set-up where DJ\'s from all over the globe push directly to a shoutcast server provided to us by http://viastreaming.com/. This is obviously not ideal and listeners get dropped when the DJ\'s handover or the normal rotation kicks in.

My plan is to use a dedicated Windows server running SAM3 broadcaster to control everything with as much automated as possible. Basically this would be a 3-Tier architecture with the DJ\'s pushing to a \"Media Server\" listening on the same box as SAM3 and then pushing out to the various relays.

I kinda got this working with Shoutcast as the listening media server by using a monitor script to parse \"7.htm\" and a PAL script to queue the stream if it detected somebody connecting. However, shoutcasts \"Quality of Service\" means the buffer spills over into the next DJ\'s show which is why Steamcast solves this problem.

So, back to my request :) Rather than \"polling\" the hell out of steamcast it would be nice to have couple of parameters like:

SourceOnConnect=\"c:\\dosomething.cmd\"
SourceOnDisconnect=\"c:\\dosomethingelse.cmd\"

This would make timing the DJ handover so much easier and exact.. the plan being to play some kind of sweeper between each show to allow one DJ to disconnect and the next DJ to connect....

Anyway - thanks again for solving my initial buffer problems - seeing steamcast and SAM3 are local to each other even having SourceBuffUtil at 0 causes no problems although I am leaving it a 1 for the moment. :D