Source Connection Problem...

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
IDGT

Source Connection Problem...

Post by IDGT »

OK - I am trying to connect three sources from the same machine to the Steamcast server. I see the connection - but then the server immediately states that the source disconnected. At no time did anyone click stop on the source. It is as though I can only use one port at a time on the source. Is that the case - you can only use one port at a time on a machine? When I used IceCast it worked!? Reboot?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

make sure that your passwords and usernames are completely unique for all mounts and the admin account.
- Jay
IDGT

Post by IDGT »

Username must be "source" for all inbound connections - otherwise how do I change the username the encoding software (Orban Opticodec and Simplecast broadcasting with Icecast option)?
IDGT

Post by IDGT »

What is $IndyThread - I keep getting this as a return in Simplecast when trying to connect to the server?
DJ-Zath

Post by DJ-Zath »

hi IDGT

Are you running a shoutcast (winamp/ICY) DSP?

To change the username, simply edit the streamcast.conf file:

example:

AdminUser=TheAdminLogin <-- This cannot be a mount name
AdminPass=AdMiNsPaSs

SourceMount=/stream-1.mp3
;; SourceBackup=/
SourceUser=stream-1 <-- this is the streamname
SourcePass=PaSs-100

SourceMount=/stream-2.mp3
;; SourceBackup=/
SourceUser=stream-2 <-- and another
SourcePass=pAsS-200

NOTES:
The admin login and passowrd CANNOT be the same as any of the mounts' names..

Mounts CANNOT share passwords.. AT ALL (this is how Steamcast determines which mount the source is logging into!)

If you are running a shoutcast/ICY DSP (encoder) then make sure

SourceIsSC=Yes

is set to yes (example above shows it set to yes) and is set for EACH mount that uses it (set them accordingly)

Make SURE you fully cofigure EACH mount completely before declaring another mount.. otherwise the previous mount will NOT be set properly!

example of a full set of configs for EACH mount:

SourceMount=/stream-1.mp3
;; SourceBackup=/
SourceUser=source-one
SourcePass=ChangeMe
SourceUserMax=75
;; SourceRelay=/
SourceAvgBitrateLimit=192
SourceIsSC=Yes
SourceNameFormat=Cool Radio Stream! - %s
;; SourceIsDefault=Yes
SourceIP=123.45.67.89
SourceAuth=No
SourceAuthMax=3
;; SourceListenerTimer=120
SourcePublic=Always
SourcePublicRelays=No
;; SourceRawKey=rawdata
SourceBuffUtil=100

EACH mounts contains its own set of varables- therefore MUST contain the same number of lines listed above

I hope this helps.

-DjZ
:) :)
IDGT

Post by IDGT »

No - my problem is being unable to change the USER on the encoding side - not the server side. I'm using Orban Opticodec and Simplecast which both only allow you to enter a password for both encoding Shoutcast and Icecast (user default is "source").

Any other suggestions?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

if the source is in shoutcast compatibility mode then the username is not used from the encoder. Just set this to yes and change the username to whatever you want. Your encoding tools should work fine so long as the password is correct on the encoder side.
- Jay
DJ-Zath

Post by DJ-Zath »

I don't know simplecast..

but you CAN change the user name in Optocodec.. you have to toggle between the different modes untill the name field highlights.. there are 2 places you have to set this in.. but like Jay said, you should set "SourceIsSC=Yes" and then you don't need a user setting..

But, if you insist, come see me and I'll take you through the optocodec settings..

-DjZ-
:) :)
IDGT

Post by IDGT »

I'll try all the above and note the results.

Thanks to all your help!!!
IDGT

Post by IDGT »

Looks like that may of done it - I have both encoders running with the same username but different passwords and the SourceIsSC=yes

Thanks! I'll run it for a few days and see if I get any seg faults.