the backup mounts and relays..

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
DJ-Zath

the backup mounts and relays..

Post by DJ-Zath »

Hey there Jay! Hows it goin buddy??

I hope you're in good health and not TOO stressed out these days... :-)

I got a simple Q here, reguarding the "SourceBackup" attribute..

I had this problem before, but I decided to tackle this probem once again.. getting the backup mounts to function..

I'm running a single session. multi-mounts.. latest ver (73) running FreeBSD 4

All the mounts are working- and there are no configuration errors..

I was trying to use "SourceBackup" from another mount on the same session/cfg but it doesn't seem to work at all..

I tried a remote file as well, no go.

I tried loading the backup mount before the main mount... notta

I tried loading it through "SourceRelay"... nothing

I tried loading another session then loading it through "sourceRelay".. worked but then crashes once the local mount (source) tries to log in (this is a different problem however, and is mentioned elsewhere)

I tried loading a seperate session, and calling it through "SourceBackup"... nothing.

I think I have exusted all avenues to this one.. and was wondering what else I might have missed or could try..

thanks for your help!

-DjZ-
:) :)
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

SourceBackup needs to be an existing mount such as /live.mp3

The backup mount must have the same encoding/codec settings as the original mount.
- Jay
DJ-Zath

Post by DJ-Zath »

yes sir!

both mounts are technically "identical" except one's called "guest" and the other is called "warp-128"

the mounts are both on the same server and share the same port..

the idea here is I wanted to make a "controller's" mount.. which is thew main mount.. but when a controller isn't present the guest port is routed to the main port instead..

examples:

caster -> /guest -> (controller) ->/warp-128 -> listeners

here the controller intercedes and recasts the input "guest" mount.. thsi allows me to insert processing into the guest caster..

caster -> /guest ->sourcebackup-> /warp-128 -> listeners

here, the controller is "absent" and now i want SourceBackup" to reroute the guest mount to the main mount.. otherwise if the controller is absent NOONE can cast.. since the main mount is inaccessable by guest casters.

see what I'm trying to do?

Note:

assinging it a relay doesn't work either..

-DjZ-
:) :)
Lane

Post by Lane »

hey zath,

I think I've told you what I do before, but I thought I'd show here how I do it.

SourceMount=/king
SourceBackup=/guest
SourceUser=xxxxxx
SourcePass=xxxxxx
SourceUserMax=20
SourceIsSC=Yes
SourceIsDefault=No
SourceBuffUtil=0

SourceMount=/guest
SourceUser=xxxxxx
SourcePass=xxxxxx
SourceUserMax=20
SourceRelay=localhost:OTHERPORT/guest
SourceIsSC=Yes
SourceIsDefault=No
SourceBuffUtil=0

Now, I nest these to 3 levels, and do it by running another instance of steamcast on another port for each level. It won't work trying to nest backups on the same port/instance. Although my guest mount is relaying a source from another port in this example, I don't think this is necessary. (worth a shot if you're still having problems). You should be able to remove the SourceRelay line and have it still work if a guest is logged in and streaming.

Actually, I think I'll set up mine up the same way you want it, and if it works, send you my conf file. Could you have a BSD only issue?
I'm using redhat enterprise ec3.