Debian Sarge, Steamcast skipping

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
bingo

Debian Sarge, Steamcast skipping

Post by bingo »

Hello,

I just installed again Steamcast on a Debian Sarge 1.4 Ghz, 1 GB machine.

I tried to relay an existing SHOUTcast stream installed on the same machine (no listeners connected, only Steamcast) but Steamcast skips.

I searched the forum and checked the SHOUTcast MetaInt. I tried with 8192 and 16384 and got the same problem.

Nothing in the steamcast.log file returns some errors. So, I would like to know how to investigate more. Thanks for any suggestion.

I remember that I had troubles finding libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 perhaps does it come from that ? If yes, could it be possible to imagine a static version ?

Regards,
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

a static version will be available on the next release. I am still working on that release so no timeframe yet. Is it skipping or buffering? If skipping, does the absense of the metadata flag provide a stable stream?
- Jay
bingo

Post by bingo »

Hello Jay,

I do confirm, it is skipping as I unserstand it.

For example, for the sentence : Betty bought some better butter, I will receive : Betty bou_ _me _tter butter.

I have tried to source Steamcast directly (instead of asking it to relay a DNAS) using sc_trans, JRev and shout. It does the same.

Thanks for having answered. I will wait for a next release.

Regards,