How to Start Steamcast on Linux Ubuntu?

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
DJ Danni
Stream Host

How to Start Steamcast on Linux Ubuntu?

Post by DJ Danni »

Hello. When i use the Command ./steamcast & it dose noat start up. Do you have any idear what i can do?
DJ Danni
Icelandic Retail Sore - Computer Repair - Website Hosting - Radio Hosting and more.
Krúttin
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

run it without the background switch and report any errors that may come back in the console.
- Jay
DJ Danni
Stream Host

Post by DJ Danni »

ok but how do i start it??
DJ Danni
Icelandic Retail Sore - Computer Repair - Website Hosting - Radio Hosting and more.
Krúttin
Lane

Post by Lane »

just type

./steamcast

the & means put the task in background. leaving off the & will have it run in the foreground, and you can use control C to stop it. you should be able to see any errors.

keep in mind you need to be in the right dir when you type ./steamcast. that's not your problem is it?
DJ Danni
Stream Host

Post by DJ Danni »

I get error say error while loading shared Libreis: libstdc++ and somthang more. Do you know what i can do?
DJ Danni
Krúttin
Lane

Post by Lane »

I leave this to the pro, but he might ask which OS you are using, and which version you downloaded.
DJ Danni
Stream Host

Post by DJ Danni »

I am using Ubuntu version 5.10 and steamcast leterst.
DJ Danni
Krúttin
Lane

Post by Lane »

by latest version should I assume you mean 0.9.73 linux

what's ubuntu? that's debian right?
DJ Danni
Stream Host

Post by DJ Danni »

ok i am noat shure what you mean. But i am using Ubuntu 5.10 and steamcast 0.97 or that you mean. what do i have to do to strat it?
DJ Danni
Krúttin
ColdFyre

Post by ColdFyre »

update your ubuntu. either your install of libstdc++ is broken or outdated. also try just updating lib...(not recommended unless you know what you are doing). plenty of docs from ubuntu on this stuff. freenode and google are your freind for diagnosing errors. my guess is other programs are affected by this, not just steamcast; but you dont know yet.
Welcome to the Fjear Nation.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

yup tis the issue with distributing binaries reliant on shared libs. Next update will have a static build although last time I tried it I had problems with it as well. We will see though.
- Jay