Vip info

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
hardantz

Vip info

Post by hardantz »

In the vip setting, it is saying you can have Address/User. However ip address works, but not user names. Does User works only when the authentication is enabled? Also, I notice that the users added is going under "IP:user" list on the steamcast.vip file.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

no, authentication should not need to be enabled. You just need to make sure the client is sending the username. Steamcast is not going to trigger an authentication popup or window, you need to include it in the url:

http://[email protected]:8000/live
- Jay
hardantz

Post by hardantz »

I include the user name in the url itself as it is suppose to. ie. http://user:pass@serverIP/live.nsv

But when the server is full... an IP on the VIP list will kick out a non VIP IP. But this feature does not work on the user basics. I do not have user authentication enabled. I also noticed that when a user is added to the VIP, say user is "test"; the log is displaying "VIP: ip test was added!". Could this be the issue? where the steamcast.vip is adding both IP and users with "IP:" as prefix.
Jay

Post by Jay »

ok yea I see the problem, there is a bug in the creation of the VIP via the web interface, you can load these in the vip file directly to bypass this bug. Will have it fixed by next release.
- Jay
hardantz

Post by hardantz »

thank you and what will be the prefix for users in vip list?
Jay

Post by Jay »

you can use anything but IP.
- Jay