Disable Web Interface, how?

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
board

Disable Web Interface, how?

Post by board »

Hello,

First, it's a great server application, I will Steamcast with Steamcast! Love it, but only a small detail....

I don't want to use the webinterface, I think it's no use, the information I need is not there at all.

How to disable? The interface listens to port 8000 and that needs to be open... workaround?

Thanks, Mark
Woozy Radio
http://www.woozy.nl
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Due to listing requirements at some providers you cannot disable the web interface.
- Jay
board

Post by board »

Ohw.. ok, wel thats a pitty.

Is there than a way to adjust the webpage for the webinterface? If I have to present this, I want to give it a better lay-out, other than black with green.... :roll:

Thank you, Mark

And, if someone wants my streaming Flash radio on a website, grab this code:

Code: Select all

<embed allowScriptAccess="never"
allowNetworking="internal"
enableJSURL="false" 
enableHREF="false" 
saveEmbedTags="true" src='http://www.woozy.nl/radiohint.swf' 
quality='high' 
width='205' height='81' 
name='Woozy Radio'>
</embed>
board

Privacy is policy!

Post by board »

Jay wrote:requirements at some providers you cannot disable the web interface.
Hi Jay,

Indeed, some providers! But, the company I work for is it's own provider and will use co-location solutions, I don't believe in streaming-providers at all, the only thing they want is a lot of money...

Then, I don't want that web-interface visitors (ip:port) should see all the users, I think it's privacy!!! The listener wants to be anonymous too you know!

I think you need to build an option to close or open this or give me the source? If there was an option to block HTTP_HEADERS, than it was easy to do.

Hope you understand the privacy policy, I'm very sorry if there is now way to adjust this, but still I hope you can manage this.

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Mark

BTW. If you do this, how much for customizing?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

please do not misunderstand I am referring to listing providers not stream hosting providers. I listing provider is shoutcast, steamcast, icecast etc. If you list on these services then you have to have some sort of web interface. This is to allow the provider a cross reference to determine if you are faking stats. I do plan to allow the web interface to be disable if all mounts are private it just takes alot of time I do not currently have and would rather focus on my existing feature path.

If this is unacceptable to you, check out icecast. It is open source and has many of the features steamcast does without the need for a webinterface.
- Jay
madikonda

use apache in proxy mode

Post by madikonda »

use apache in proxy mode to your steamcast server.

just enable your client user agents to pass straight through to steamcast.

that should help your requirement.