Steamcast Crashing In Windows Vista

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
themixturemedia

Steamcast Crashing In Windows Vista

Post by themixturemedia »

Hey there Jay long time no talk I upgraded to Windows Vista and Steamcast keeps crashing once a day any ideas??
The Mixture Media Radio: :twisted:
The best on-line music from the 60's,70's,80's,90's and today. Streaming at 64kbps/48khz (MP3) and 32kbps/44khz (Ogg) 24 hours a day 7 days a week. With great sound and even better music.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

i don't even have windows vista yet so unfortunately I won't have any way to duplicate until ms gives me my copy. Hopefully won't be long. There are some security enhancements in vista that may be messing with steamcast.
- Jay
Lane

Post by Lane »

I don't have Vista, but as I understand it, you have the option of running a program in XP compatibiliy mode. Not sure how you would invoke that for steamcast, but I would explore that option.

or perhaps this might help you out :) htttp://ubuntu.com
DjLeo

Windows Vista

Post by DjLeo »

All the new software have problems and vista have it, for the ppl that are planing on switch to vista and run radio stations, doesn,t matter if stream using steamcast or shoutcast or icecast, GUYS YOU CAN BE SURE YOU LL HAVE PROBLEMS, please stand on xp till vista have a 100 % of credibility and you be sure we can run our radio stations in vista WITH 0 PROBLEMS.