segmentation fault updating song

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
Lane

segmentation fault updating song

Post by Lane »

well, the next step in my linked mount config is to separately update meta data. I'm doing tests using firefox as a browser and entering the following line:

http://someserver.com:8000/admin.cgi?us ... =sometitle

If I do that, I get a Segmentation Fault. Steamcast go bye bye! :)

If I leave off the song parameter, it stays running.

redhat enterprise 3, using linux steamcast version .9.75.

I've also been trying to google up a list of items I can change through admin.cgi, and have come up surprisingly dry. Does anyone know of a list of variables I can alter? I'm under the assumption that steamcasts's are the same as shoutcast.

Thanks everyone for your time reading and hopefully replying.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

can you give me all of the configuration details of the mount that is seg faulting?

As far as the variables, only song and url are available for meta data. I have been thinking of including custom fields but no player or codec will support it officially once the option of available.
- Jay
Lane

Post by Lane »

A little more thoroughness on my part, and I see that it's ok when I put in the user/pass for the mount I want to change. I get a Segmentation Fault when I inadvertantly put in the user/pass for the admin. I obviously shouldn't do that, but perhaps a bit of protection could be added for when goofballs (me) accidentally do that! :)

Still rocking! Thanks again Jay.

p.s. The reason I'm doing this, is because I want to change something on the stream to indicate when it's me vs. the relay. Maybe I'll try your experimental feature of reloading the configs ... hmm