%s in sourcegateway

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
Lane

%s in sourcegateway

Post by Lane »

i've read that if you use %s as the extention for a sourcegateway filename, it will match to your stream. does this require that the mount name have the appropriate extension?

ie. should my mount name be stream.mp3, or stream.aac if I wish to use intro.%s for sourcegateway, and have an intro.mp3 and an intro.aac file?

or does it match to the type of stream playing?

I'm wondering if I can just have my mount named /stream, and not use an extension, yet still have an intro.mp3 and intro.aac file. this way, I can connect with either type without changing the configs.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

it looks as though that capability was left out on accident. It will be included in the next release. Also yes, you will be able to change on the fly as it will use the mime configuration sent by the source and not the config file to choose.
- Jay
Lane

Post by Lane »

cool. thanks for the answer.
Lane

Post by Lane »

oh, one more question.

will it be able to play an m4a file? this is how all of my software packages aac files. or does it have to be containerless? I'm not sure how to make a simple .aac file at this point. if that's required, I'll have to figure that out.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

it must be identical to the stream itself. So no m4a will not work.
- Jay