No source = directory of mp3's?

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
tcviper

No source = directory of mp3's?

Post by tcviper »

Hello,

First of all great job on steamcast, I really love it and it's working great so far, however, I hope someone can tell me how i can set it up so that when there is no source (dj) that it will auto switch to a local directory of music files in a shuffle or something?

Is this possible and if so, please tell me how to configure this.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

it is but not with steamcast alone, you can use something like sc_trans from shoutcast to have a random assortment of music run on a backup mount.
- Jay
tcviper

Post by tcviper »

k cool and what if this sc_ thing is running and i want to takeover as dj? do i need to kick it or can it auto take over in some way?

And if i disconnect then again is it able to auto pick up?
Jay

Post by Jay »

yea the backup mount is only for temporary measures and will bring the listeners back to the original mount when the source continues.
- Jay
tcviper

Post by tcviper »

What do you exactly mean with a backup mount? as in sc_trans config i dont see anything to set that?
Jay

Post by Jay »

the backup mount is just a regular mount designated as another mount's BackupMount. See the steamcast configuration file for more details.
- Jay