New Steamcast???

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
themixturemedia

New Steamcast???

Post by themixturemedia »

Hey there Jay I am still having Steamcast crashing on me. I am using the latest one and Windows Vista. It crashes now with different bots (ie google or msn) hitting it. I also have Ogg on my stream and it crashes Steamcast alot any ideas??
The Mixture Media Radio: :twisted:
The best on-line music from the 60's,70's,80's,90's and today. Streaming at 64kbps/48khz (MP3) and 32kbps/44khz (Ogg) 24 hours a day 7 days a week. With great sound and even better music.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Like I said I don't currently support vista. Perhaps some of the bug fixes in the new version that I plan on releasing soon will fix your issue.
- Jay
themixturemedia

Post by themixturemedia »

Are you going to be doing testing soon on Vista hell if you don't have a copy yet I will sent you one. It is really fustrating that steamcast crash almost everyday for the same problem.
The Mixture Media Radio: :twisted:
The best on-line music from the 60's,70's,80's,90's and today. Streaming at 64kbps/48khz (MP3) and 32kbps/44khz (Ogg) 24 hours a day 7 days a week. With great sound and even better music.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

no I do not currently have vista. You can of course go the donation route and donate money to allow me to purchase a copy or just wait until I get it later this year.
- Jay
Deltamusic

Post by Deltamusic »

For what its worth I asked a tech friend of mine from Intel were talking about Vista and its pros an cons. Told me that Vista has a lot of media tracking built in reguarding protected music... ie mp3's. and broadcast royalties Said depending on the vers of Vista ya may be able to disable some of the media reporting services. Knowing that I believe XP is going to be the OS for my stream for a good while. I will use Vista for on the other systems for now..
"Its's not a Bug... It's A Feature!!"