Unnamed Steamcast Server

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
Lane

Unnamed Steamcast Server

Post by Lane »

Hi Jay,

I wonder if you might consider changing a behaviour. If a feller has a SourceNameFormat set with a name, let's say "Jay's Radio", I'd like it to always set that for the name when that mount is actually a relay. Now, I sometimes get "Unnamed Steamcast Server", depending on whether or not the relay or it's backup mount is up. If the relay is up, I would get "Jays Radio", if it isn't, and I'm instead receiving the relay's backup mount, I get "Unnamed Steamcast Server".

To hopefully explain what I'm doing a little better, I have a public steamcast server that relays one that is a little more private. The reasons aren't that important, but briefly, I relay a couple of layers deep so that I can pop in and out with a studio override. The semi private steamcast instance has a backup mount that is a relay of a DJ, and the main source for it is my Studio where I connect.

I kind of expect it to take the SourceNameFormat on the backup mount instead of "Unnamed Steamcast Server", so really, I would hope it could be changed to do that. Either that, or let me fully override the name on the public instance with the SourceNameFormat option in the conf.

If I wasn't clear, let me know, and I'll try again and set up a temporary steamcast to demonstrate along with the configs for it.

Thanks for your time,
A1 work dude! (apologies for saying dude) :)
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

ok I will look into what I can do about that, if anything I will have it use a sourcenameformat setting for the active mount when it is in backup.
- Jay
Lane

Post by Lane »

Hi Jay,

Just wondering if you've done this one. Thought I'd ask, since it's been a while. Are you making a new release in the foreseeable future?

thanks,
Lane
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

yea hopefully I will have something new soon. Also I think it may be time to break out of the beta phase. ;)
- Jay