Error retrieving xml document (Connection time out

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
DjLeo

Error retrieving xml document (Connection time out

Post by DjLeo »

Error retrieving xml document (Connection time out Error:10060))
Hi Jay, am getting this problem every week with my steamcast, and i have to stop it and run it again, but that's Not the idea, i want run my steamcast and dont get worry, tell me what's wrong here? how can i fix it?

thaks

DjLeo
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

what is giving you that error? What is the location to your server? Does the server continue to run when you get that error? I need as many details surrounding your issue as possible.
- Jay
DjLeo

Post by DjLeo »

No, the process is there but i cant listen the radio, looks like is connecting but never get the audio, where is the location? i dont get what you mean Jay but if you say geographic location my server is in USA, if you say what OS? is Linux Red Hat, this happening since 3 or 4 weeks ago i have a crontab running for steamcast and my config is this:

Code: Select all

; Steamcast Configuration File
; ================================
; This is the default Steamcast server configuration file, feel free to use
; it as a template for your server's configuration.  All lines beginning with ;
; or blank are ignored by the server's configuration parser.

; Server Configuration
; ====================

; PortBase [*8000]: The port that Steamcast will listen for connections on, generally it is
; acceptable to just leave this at the default, change it if you use port
; 8000 and/or 8001 for some other server.  Ports < 1024 are reserved, so try to
; stay above that.
PortBase=8000

; MaxUser: The maximum amount of streaming clients Steamcast should
; handle, this is a global setting for all multimedia connections.  Set this
; to a smart number.  Setting this too high could cause your network connection
; to be flooded and cause real problems for all end users.  In 0.9.7 this configuration
; option became optional.  Set this to set hard limits on max listener counts, otherwise
; cumulative SourceUserMax will be used to determine the overall UserMax.
; MaxUser=100

; MaxBandwidth: This is the maximum amount of out-going bandwidth allowed by Steamcast in units
; of kilo-bits per second.  This is a soft limit so it is possible for the server to exceed this
; limit due to the average bandwidth system some enforcement latency may occur as well.  A setting
; of zero disables this feature.
; MaxBandwidth=0

; IPMaxUser [*0]: The maximum amount of streaming clients Steamcast should
; handle per IP, this is a global setting for all multimedia connections.
; A setting of 0 disables this feature.
; IPMaxUser=0

; LogFile [None|*steamcast.log]: The location you would like Steamcast to store
; it's log file, setting this to 'None' or blank disables this feature.  You can use use variable
; templates to control the name of the log in real time.  View the Readme for a full list of 
; variables available.  Ex: %m-%d-%Y-steamcast.log to have steamcast create a different log
; every day.
LogFile=steamcast.log

; MimeFile [None|*mime.types]: The location of your mime types file.  The mime types file is critical
; in the implementation and usage of the on-demand capabilities of the server.  This file also
; enables steamcast's auto extension feature so that the server will assign the correct extension
; to your mount points based on the audio format/codec in use.
MimeFile=mime.types

; BanFile [None|*steamcast.ban]: Use this variable to specify the location of your ban file.  The ban
; file contains information about pre-existing bans.  If the ban file does not exist, steamcast will
; attempt to create it.  A setting of None disables saving or loading of ban information.
BanFile=steamcast.ban

; VipFile [None|*steamcast.vip]: The file used to load pre-existing vip information.  VIP's are IPs
; and users designated as having a higher privilege level then average users.  A setting of None
; disables saving or loading of ban information.
VipFile=steamcast.vip

; ScreenLog [*Yes|No]: Setting this to Yes will allow steamcast to output log information
; the the screen in CLI environments.
ScreenLog=No

; RealtimeLog [*Yes|No]: Setting this to Yes will allow steamcast to output Realtime statistical
; information to the screen in CLI environments.
RealtimeLog=Yes

; YPLog [*Yes|No]: Enable the logging of YP Touches.  This setting has no effect on
; YP Errors, or YP Add or YP Removes.  It will only hide logging of Successful touches
; when set to No.
YPLog=Yes

; PidFile [None|*steamcast.pid]: The file location you would like Steamcast to store
; it's PID or Process ID, setting this to 'None' or blank disables this feature.
; Regardless of this setting, Process ID's will be stored in the Log on each startup.
PidFile=steamcast.pid

; NameLookups [Yes|*No]: Setting NameLookup to Yes will have Steamcast
; do a reverse dns lookup on each connection made to the server.  High Traffic servers
; should leave this setting disabled until I can come up with a better threading method.
NameLookups=No

; ShowLastSongs [*20]: This setting tells steamcast how many stream related meta updates
; to store in history.  This capability was added for compatibility with reporting agencies.
; A Setting of 1 through 50 is acceptable.
ShowLastSongs=1

; ClientTimeout [*30]: Number of seconds a listener/viewer should stay connected while no source
; exists for thier mount.
ClientTimeout=30

; User Configuration
; ==================

; AdminUser & Admin Pass: This is the credentials that allow full control of the server remotely
; so be very careful in determining what to put here.  Essentially with these settings
; a user would be able to connect to the server using a CNTRL application and use
; the server as if they are sitting in front of it.  Please make sure that admin passwords are
; different from mount passwords in SHOUTcast compatibility mode.  Encoders passwords take precedence
; in the event they are, this is for compatibility and security reasons.
AdminUser=a name

AdminPass=mypass

; Source Configuration
; ====================
; Each source that you wish to allow on the server needs to be configured
; here first.  The parser will read strait down the file so if you have
; multiple source mounts and you declare a new mount before finishing
; configuration of another, then those configurations after the new
; declaration will go to the new mount.

; SourceMount: This is the mount you would like to create, if you set
; this to /ghey then you would be able to access this mount by
; going to http://localhost:8000/ghey It is critical that you
; make sure to include the slash at the beginning.
SourceMount=/salsa

; SourceUser: The last SourceMount declared will require this Username
; in order to become a source for this mount.  Note: if you are running
; this mount in shoutcast compatibility mode, this is not required.  However
; it's best to set this anyhow as it allows your encoder users to administrate
; their mounts from a CNTRL app or web panel.
SourceUser=Encoder

; SourcePass: This is the last Source Mount's password, this is required
; for all connecting encoders.  Mounts without passwords are invalid.
SourcePass=anotherdifferetpass

; SourceUserMax [*5]: This particular mount's UserMax, if all of your source
; UserMaxes combined exceed the global UserMax then the UserMax takes presedence.
SourceUserMax=100

; SourceRelay: This particular mount will pull data from the location specified below.
; If you publish both servers on yp.shoutcast.com and wish that they cluster at that
; yp server then enter your relay url without http:// or trailing path or slashes
; like the example below.  It is now permissable to make a list out of this variable
; to have in effect fallback masters in the event one is unavailable.
; SourceRelay=Cali - Colombia Radio

; SourceDisconnectWait: [*10]: Allows you to control the wait time in seconds between reconnect
; attempts if a relay fails.  Values from 1 and up are acceptable.
; SourceDisconnectWait=20 

; SourceDirectory: This mount will be an on-demand mount for steamcast.  Any directory location
; is acceptable here.  This aspect of Steamcast still needs alot of work.  So stay tuned.
; SourceDirectory=./content

; SourceGateway: The location of a file you want to be played before the stream begins for each
; listener.  Use %s and Steamcast will only look for files with a matching extension.  Files must be
; the same in everyway with the stream currently playing.
; SourceGateway=/intro.%s

; SourceBackup: This is the mount you would like listeners directed to in the
; event that this source becomes unavailable.  These two mounts must be completely
; identical bitstreams in order for this feature to work properly.
; SourceBackup=/live_back

; SourceBitrateLimit: Set this to have Steamcast choke sources that exceed a
; certain average data rate.  This value is based on actual data transfer and not any particular
; format headers.  This is a great way to control users in community or hosting
; environments.  Default is no limits.  Steamcast waits 20 seconds into a connect before
; limiting, the choke takes affect after a source goes 10% over the limit.
; SourceAvgBitrateLimit=128

; SourceIsSC [*Yes|No]: Setting this to Yes will allow source applications
; which do not have a username capability to use the last source
; declared anyway.
SourceIsSC=Yes

; SourceNameFormat: Provides a new Stream name either derived from the source or completely
; replacing the sources option.  This title is used in client media players and publishing
; outlets.  You can use %s anywhere in the title to have the encoder's option included into
; the final stream name.
; SourceNameFormat=Cali - Colombia Radio

; SourceIsDefault [*Yes|No]: Setting this to Yes will make this particular
; mount available globally.  There can be only one global mount.  This
; is also the only mount that will be able to list at shoutcast.com
SourceIsDefault=Yes

; SourceIP: Setting this to a dotted IP address will make this particular
; mount available at the root of steamcast (much like SHOUTcast) for the IP
; specified here.  Note: You must own the IP you place here.  Inaccurate
; settings will have no effect.  This setting essentially will allow you to
; list multiple source points in the SHOUTcast directory.  It is not neccessary
; to set this setting if you only own one IP.  Setting this for any Source will
; disable the SourceIsDefault flag on any mount.
; SourceIP=123.45.67.89

; SourceAuth: [Yes|*No]:  Allows you to setup HTTP Basic Authorization on this
; mount point.  All Authentication is currently file based.  Please see steamauth.txt
; SourceAuth overrides the public bit and will force all SourceAuth'd streams to be
; private.
; SourceAuth=No

; SourceAuthMax: [*0]: Allows you to set the maximum amount of connections per authenticated
; user.  A setting of 0 is interpreted as unlimited.
; SourceAuthMax=0

; SourceListenerTimer: [*0]: Allows you to specify the amount of time a client can stay connected
; in minutes.  A value of 0 disables this feature and allows clients to stay connected for
; an unlimited amount of time.
; SourceListenerTimer=0

; SourcePublic: [*Default|Always|Never]: Allows you to specify whether to override the source's
; public bit setting.  When set to Always a source mount will list on directory services regardless of
; the encoder's specified preference.  When set to Never the source mount will refuse to list on
; directory services.  The default of... Default (heh) sets the source to let the encoder decide
; listing preference.
; SourcePublic=Default

; SourcePublicRelays: [*Yes|No]: Whether servers which relay steamcast should list on directory services.
; SourcePublicRelays=Yes

; SourceRawKey: Set this variable to the key you would like passed in a parameter string to access
; the raw data stream in HTTP form.  This is great for things such as Flash.  If you use the example
; below then access to the raw data stream (unprotected by user-agent filters) can be obtained by passing
; http://localhost:8000/mountname.mp3?rawdata to the player, as always substitute the address with your
; specific implementation.  Leaving this option blank or commented disables this capability.
; SourceRawKey=rawdata

; SourceBuffUtil [*100]: This value allows you to control the start position
; of connecting clients within the buffer.  0 would effectively set a new connecting
; client to the write point of the buffer giving a more real-time like experience
; although due to the way the internet really works it can never be truely real-time.
; Setting this to 100 would start them all the way at the back of the buffer which
; gives most clients no buffer wait times.  It is highly recommended that you not mess
; with this parameter except in instances where the bitrate of the stream is extremely
; low and you require an interactive experience from the users connected to the server.
; (i.e. A talk show or other low bitrate interactive live program)  Most other broadcasts
; SHOULD NOT CHANGE THIS SETTING!!!  Doing so will make the connecting users feel like
; they are on dialup in 1996 listening to Real Player. :)
; SourceBuffUtil=100

; Directory Configuration
; =======================
Directory=http://www.steamcast.com/sbin/yp.php
Directory=http://dir.xiph.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi

; Advanced Configuration
; ======================
; Do not mess with these configuration values unless you know what you are
; doing, typically these are settings which should not need adjusting.  But
; are here for those users who feel they need more control over how the 
; server behaves.

; ServIP [*Any]: This option allows you to control which interface or IP Steamcast
; should bind to.  Setting this option will limit which IP clients can connect through.
; ANY (case sensitive) will allow steamcast to bind to all and any ip interfaces available.
; ServIP=ANY

; SrcIP [*Any]: SrcIP is the IP that Steamcast will listen for source connections.  For
; instance setting this option to 127.0.0.1 will limit SHOUTcast source connection attempts
; to only from the the machine steamcast resides on.  ANY (case sensitive) will allow
; steamcast to bind to all and any ip interfaces available.
; SrcIP=ANY

; ThreadPool [*5]: Set this to control the amount of available threads for incoming clients.
; Generally you should not have to change this setting.  Setting anything below 2 is not allowed,
; due to severe loss of performance.  Setting this too high will mean more memory and overhead
; will be needed to load the server, be sensible if you must change this number.  While you are allowed
; to set a number as high as 100 anything over 10 is generally considered excessive.
; ThreadPool=5

; MetaInterval [*8192]: Set this to control the meta data interval in bytes for audio types that 
; utilize the Icy Meta Data protocol.  This is a server wide option.  Technical notes: Excessive CPU
; and unlistenable streams may result if you set this value too low.  Steamcast will go no lower then
; 1024bytes.
; MetaInterval=8192

; if I could smile I would.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

when I say location I meant the URL. Have you tried taking steamcast out of crontab, it was never really designed to be run from there. Just run it from a shell prompt and if it dies again we can look at the log for some possible signs for why it went missing. If you need to run a cron job to ensure the server is up then write a shell script to check the port and processes before trying to execute the server.
- Jay
DjLeo

Post by DjLeo »

Ok Jay if i get this error again i ll stop the crontab, i ll let you know, the url is: 140.121.196.79:8000

Thanks
Lane

Post by Lane »

just a little feedback. tried listening, getting repeating rebuffers. this probably has nothing to do with your issue, but is something else you may wish to be aware of.