listener counts on mounts with backups

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
Lane

listener counts on mounts with backups

Post by Lane »

Hit a scenario in reading the xml, and I guess the web page too.

A mount that has a backup doesn't display at all in the xml when there isn't a streamer connect to it, even when listeners *are* connected to it, but are internally routed to it's backup mount. It shows the right total in the xml, which is good, but that isn't quite enough when I have several mounts and backups on one port.

For example. I have a mount called First (default), and a mount called Second. First has it's backup set to Second. With no cast on First, and a cast on Second, and a total of 7 listeners connecting to First, I will see the following in the xml. Total will be 8, there won't be any information at all for First mount, and the Second mount will show 1.

I notice there is a status tag in the mount xml. It's always 1. Perhaps a mount with no caster could still be visible in the xml, but show a status of 0, and also show the count for listeners connected to it, but routed to it's backup.

Did all that make sense? If not, I'll clarify. The reason this came up is because I'm writing something that is essentially a stats plugin for a website, and I'm reading the xml.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

is this on the xml sheet in the admin panel or the public stats sheet?
- Jay
Lane

Post by Lane »

the public one. I haven't checked the admin one.
Jay

Post by Jay »

the admin one will display all mounts regardless of state, you might want to use that one for any automated tools. For privacy reasons mounts not publically available are not displayed on the public xml sheet.
- Jay
Lane

Post by Lane »

Thanks Jay,

Will nodes show listeners to a mount that is routed to it's backup? I'll test of course, but I can't get to that for a couple days.
Jay

Post by Jay »

yes
- Jay