Steamcast road map?

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
polemon

Steamcast road map?

Post by polemon »

Is there a road map or something, when the next release of Steamcast can be expected?

I need Ogg support for my radio, but steamcast doesn't work with the transcoders.

Also, steamcast crashes, when admin credentials are used to update stream data, such as the song title.

However, Steamcast is along with SHOUTcast the only server, where a clean switch of sources actually work, with one source being kicked from the server, and the other connecting right after that.
In order not to use a mixture of servers, and multiple instances of SHOUTcast, I'd like to use a server that supports multiple mount points and can handle different types of stream data.
So I'd like to switch to Steamcast, but then again, the Ogg handler doesn't work, and it crashed too often.

Anyway, maybe there's a chance that Steamcast will become open source? I think the project would only benefit from it.