Fallback to default mount bug

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
Xclorist

Fallback to default mount bug

Post by Xclorist »

When users transfer to the default mount after being on the fallback mount, the transition plays 1-2 seconds of the last broadcast from the default mount before it went down then starts broadcasting the live stream or atleast seems to play audio that isnt from the live broadcast on the default mount.

Is there a way to make this transition seamless, as when the default mount goes down the transition to the fallback is seamless with no buffer and/or random audio?

Also, I have noticed that if the fallback mount in the only mount being streamed to after the server starts users cant tune into the default mount and get re-directed to the fallback until some steaming has occured on the default mount, can this be modified too.

Just so you understand I have configured 2 mount points, The fallback mount always has a source connected to it (an autodj service) and the default mount I am using so dj's connect to that to stream, as this gets rid of the problem of needing to kick the autodj source to stream a broadcast and cures the issue of buffering on the stream as the listeners are transfered on the fly so there is no loss/downtime.

Hope you understand my setup and how my problems are being produced, if you need any futher information let me know. Hope you can help me solve these issues, other than that this is by far the best streaming product I have used to date, great work guys, and it is still 10x's better than other well known alternatives even with these problems.

Kind Regards

Sam