Running Steamcast as 2 seperate services on win32

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
Deltamusic

Running Steamcast as 2 seperate services on win32

Post by Deltamusic »

Jay.... Have been trying to get Steamcast to run as two seperate win32 services. One instance works fine but cannot get the second to load. Do I need to use a second dir for the second service? I really like as a service ie.. When Steamcast is on a remote pc, the server will always restart after a crash or reboot without any need for manual restart. This has worked fine for over 2 yrs

Also a feature I would like to see in a future release is to have the log files go to a compressed folder [zip] when the service stops, or scheduled as a daily, monthly, file-size, etc event.

Thanks Fred
"Its's not a Bug... It's A Feature!!"
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

I have actually not tested that I would think there would be a conflict in the naming. Also with the way services read from win32 I had difficulty separating the conf file. Let me know what you find if you try it though.

The log files already do this

For example, "LogFile=logs/%Y/%B/%d-steamcast.log". The codes are based on the date format from c++.
- Jay
Deltamusic

Post by Deltamusic »

[quote="Jay"]I have actually not tested that I would think there would be a conflict in the naming. Also with the way services read from win32 I had difficulty separating the conf file. Let me know what you find if you try it though.

I did a complete new install changing everything to "Steamcast2.exe, log,..etc on everything before running. The tricky part was the conf file. I got everything working great until trying the install service. It only wants to point to Steamcast.exe and says that path cannot be changed. I even tried on another pc using Steamcast2 as the only vers on the system. Still got the same error as it wants to install to Steamcast.. The error code I get is 1073. Oh well at least I can get it to see two different conf without conflict

Thanks Fred
"Its's not a Bug... It's A Feature!!"