Steamcast wont play in SAM 4

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
SpazzRadio

Steamcast wont play in SAM 4

Post by SpazzRadio »

Hi,

I am looking at switching to steamcast from shoutcast.

Currently ....

My DJ's connect to a shoutcast server which I play through my Main Broadcast software (SAM 4).
Then SAM 4 encodes the main signal out to mutliple shoutcast servers for different bit rates.

I host all my shoutcast servers on my main broadcast server.

I set up a steamcast server to test the functionality. So far, I like the extra functions available along with the scalability.

My problem is .... When I connect to the steamcast as a source (like my DJ's will do), I cannot get the remote stream to play in my broadcast software. I can connect with winamp and listen fine, but for some reason It wont play in SAM 4.

Not sure if I have something set up wrong? It doesnt make sense to me that winamp would work but not SAM?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.
Shannon
Spazz Radio Network : Absolute Rockz, Absolute Spazz, Always HOT Country, Absolute Hitz, and NoPayRadio
board

Re: Steamcast wont play in SAM 4

Post by board »

I the past I wrote many manuals for the use of SAM with Steamcast and the EMU 1616.

As you know SAM is the main handler to play and encode mp3 files. You should have sound from SAM on your PC, check you audio config in Windows. When you have a stream connected to steamcast and you can listen with WinAmp just fine (like source website:8000/live), you should be able to startup all kinds of mp3 compat players as well.

SAM is used for playback, queue management (and much more) AND encoding to server. The steamcast server is made for the stream distro to clients.

Little impression how to use SAM with a digital sound device (and Steamcast as streaming server!):

Link to My SAM with EMU 1616 manual

Cheers :mrgreen: