Steamcast Questions

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
rfrayer

Steamcast Questions

Post by rfrayer »

Hi Im giving steamcast a shot on my freebsd server seems that whmsonic isnt any longer compatable and i wasnt going to go with plain shoutcast simply being that you cant limit bistrate with that said im running into a few problems.

1. The bsd versions are not compatable with freebsd 8,1 not really a problem because i have linux compatability enabled in the kernal so im using the linux version witch starts up fine.
2. when steamcast starts it buggers up my ssh shell with its actions even if i append & in the end of the comand
3. im having a heck of a time getting ./steamcast to load anything but 1 config file. I remember back in the day i could load simply by using this comand

./steamcast /path/to/config1.conf &
./steamcast /path/to/config2.conf &

but when i try that now i end up with steamcast simply loading the default config this part isnt a huge problem i could just make a directory for each user but my shell getting buggered up makes it impossible to work
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: Steamcast Questions

Post by Jay »

Can you post the relevant portion of the log before the crash? Thanks.
- Jay
rfrayer

Post by rfrayer »

with the bsd version its an elf file error and it does not crash under the linux version if i run linux compat it simply keeps opening the default config rather than the config i poit it to via comand line.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Try adding dummy parameters to the command line

i.e. ./steamcast path/to/config.conf test
- Jay