Live and backup stream user count and YP listings.

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
sound selecta

Live and backup stream user count and YP listings.

Post by sound selecta »

Hmm ran into some issues here but I guess this is by design. I have my mounts set up like this

SourceMount1=/live.ogg
SourceBackup1=/auto.ogg
SourceUser1=user_name
SourcePass1=password
SourceUserMax1=30

SourceMount2=/auto.ogg
SourceUser2=user_name
SourcePass2=password
SourceUserMax2=30

Now the mount swiching works ok when /live.ogg goes dead users get switched to /auto.ogg and /live.ogg is removed from the YP. Also in the admin section and in the YP's when /auto.ogg is set to be listed user count stays at 0 for users switched from /live.ogg. The users are however listed in the /live.ogg info page. I've attached some screen shots.

So what would be my best way to set this up so that say the YP and the Steamcast script would always show the current users in the YP for both mounts and current/played tracks.
steamcast_auto.png
steamcast_live.png
Max

Re: Live and backup stream user count and YP listings.

Post by Max »

This is by design to prevent abuse. Since listing the same station multiple times into a YP is considered abuse. The reason the listeners don't count towards the fallback mount is because they aren't originally listeners of that mount. And a listener should only ever be counted once. Thus they aren't actually registered to the fallback mount. And as soon as the source reconnects to the original mount the listeners should switch back over automatically.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Yup, we consider the source going away to be a bad thing and a temporary condition with "SourceBackup".

What I think you are trying to accomplish is multiple sources to a single mount. This is a feature that is coming. The hack way that this is accomplished in Icecast isn't really intuitive or logically correct. Steamcast 1.1 will have the ability to have multiple sources for a single mount. With this you will be able to order your sources by precedent and live switch with the listeners, stats and YP being none-the-wiser to it. My hope is to have this done by early 2015.
- Jay
sound selecta

Post by sound selecta »

Thanks look forward to the new feature. So will the user count be transfered from the auto and live mounts to the primary mount which is lised in the YP's? In reality I guess this is onyl needed if yu are relying on the YP's to bring in listeners as otherwise most sites would have custom scripts to shows users count on their websites.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Well what will happen is you will have only one mount. live.ogg

In that you will send/configure a source that would be whatever your auto.ogg is and configure one for what it is now.

To the outside world it will look like one source, but internally and to you it will be two. This way listener counts and YP stuff as well as mount configurable will never move. The source will.
- Jay