last played

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: last played

Post by Jay »

Then you definitely want to contact your host provider and make sure that you can make the call to your steamcast's address from PHP. Let us know how things go!
- Jay
stationx

Post by stationx »

This is why i mentioned the old way it was done with toolbox v1. This works even today on exactly the same host. I know the old way was pulling from toolbox and this is pulling from the steamcast server itself. Do i take it that there is something stopping the script talking on port 8000 out from the web host? How about I tell it to look for my steamcast server on port 80? Would that help?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

The old way should continue to work because you are basically passing the data through Radio Toolbox.

By utilizing the script you bypass Radio Toolbox but this requires that your host provider allow you to have scripts that can make calls to the internet. A lot of shared providers require that you contact them for this capability out of security concerns. The port may or may not make a difference, you should really contact your web host provider and find out what their policies are regarding PHP scripts making calls to the internet.
- Jay
stationx

Post by stationx »

Thanks Jay.... I simply told the script to pull from a steamcast server I have on port 80..... it now works! This would suggest you are right about the web host....thank you!!!