No RTB support?!

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
JanHammer

No RTB support?!

Post by JanHammer »

Im playing around with your very neat server software and noticed RTB said that this is unsupported! Is this true or was i once fooled again by a question that could easily be fixed?

Also whats with the little RIAA art up at the top? Are you for piracy or not?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Currently the Steamcast server has no stats api, this is going to be fixed by release. Radio Toolbox by this very reason has no knowledge of it's existence. When I release Radio Toolbox v1.1.0 Steamcast should be supported at that point. Until then Steamcast should not really even be considered for production environments. So just test it for now.

As for the logo, that's old, I did that a long time ago in regards to some political pressure from certain groups to not list Radio Streams on my website. It's not merely a question of piracy, on the contrary I am against piracy. It's a question of business tactics which are dated and should be updated to handle the new technology, not us technology providers limiting ourselves to fit the old mold. The RIAA is not just campaigning against piracy, read up on some of thier tactics on the internet and you may get a picture of what their agenda really is.
- Jay