Missing libs

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
amps

Missing libs

Post by amps »

[root@backup src]# ./steamcast
./steamcast: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Running Fedora Core 1

Any chance of seeing a statically linked binary?
-amps
amps

Post by amps »

What flavors of Linux (out the box) have been known to work?
-amps
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

it was compiled on Red Hat 7.3 I am working on trying to cut down the libs needed but at this point it's a neccessary. You can symlink against your installed libstdc++ as long as it's version exceeds the version listed in the error.
- Jay
amps

Post by amps »

Thanks Jay, will do.

Is there currently any stat reporting available other than the log file? Such as a 7.html or any type of browser-accessable page?

Can I substitute this for a DNAS and expect it to work with I-tunes listeners?

Are W3C logs supported?
-amps
Jay

Post by Jay »

in the current version stat reporting was not complete. The development version I have at www.xrmradio.com:8000/status.xml resolves this, and the next version will include this.

Steamcast is designed to be player independent so as long as itunes supports streaming media it will be able to tune into a Steamcast server. If you have an already established SHOUTcast server then make sure to set your source as

SourceIsDefault=Yes

This will make that one source stream available at the index and will allow you to list that steamcast source at shoutcast.com
- Jay
bingo

Post by bingo »

Just a tip for linux users. If you used Webmin (free of charge) as a control panel for your server you could have been able to install only the missing libs using its online tool. End of the comment.
rla

Post by rla »

Has anyone got this to run under Redhat Advanced Server ES 3? I tried creating a soft link from libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 to libstdc++.so.5.0.3 (my only copy libstdc++), but now get the error:

./steamcast: relocation error: ./steamcast: undefined symbol: cerr
Listener Supported/Commercial Free Radio
listen: 128k stream
baffled

Post by baffled »

rla wrote:Has anyone got this to run under Redhat Advanced Server ES 3? I tried creating a soft link from libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 to libstdc++.so.5.0.3 (my only copy libstdc++), but now get the error:

./steamcast: relocation error: ./steamcast: undefined symbol: cerr
I have exactly the same problem with Fedora core2 i only have libstdc++.so.5.0.3 in my lib directory. Its very frustrating as i have used steamcast on linux before and found it to be the best around without any question. Please help if you can Jay i am will to let you look in the server if that will help. It is a dedicated server with Fedora core2 and has shoutcast running fine on it but it is steamcast i want.
Jay

Post by Jay »

you must have the 6.x version of the lib
- Jay
baffled

Post by baffled »

Any idea how i could get and install it? When i created the symlink it then said in the libs that it was there but i think it only means link file is there not the real lib. As you can probably tell i am a novice with linux. But have used steamcast on it before and found the information in th admin interface awesome. The quality of the streaming video was better too. Please help me if you can as i really want to retur to using it rather than shoutcast.
Jay

Post by Jay »

You could try installing the latest gcc.
- Jay
amps

Post by amps »

Jay wrote:You could try installing the latest gcc.
FYI... Redhat and Fedora users can install the compat-libstdc++ package which is included with all >7.3 distros. Steamcast will then be happy.

Jay, you should compile it on a newer distro ;-)
-amps
Jay

Post by Jay »

I would be happy to as long as I can be somewhat assured compatibility with older systems.
- Jay
thor

Post by thor »

Just my two cents in the topic.

Runing Ubuntu 4.10 (Debian 3), with the same missing libraries,
May be in fedora, RH, mandrake, etc... have a similar \"package driven\" solution.

1) Open a root terminal and download the packages with wget:

Code: Select all

wget http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gcc/libstdc++2.10_2.95.2-14_i386.deb
wget http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gcc-2.95/libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2_2.95.4-11woody1_i386.deb

2) Install the packages with dpkg:

Code: Select all

dpkg -i libstdc*
source:http://www.linuxcompatible.org/story35920.html
nicam

Post by nicam »

is there anyone there who can help me at this time????

[root@fast root]# dpkg -i libstdc*
-bash: dpkg: command not found

what am i doing wrong the first 2 worked but the last bit didnt:-(

Thanks, Nicam