only the name of the station appears

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
pavelinka

only the name of the station appears

Post by pavelinka »

i\'ve been testin\' this great steamcast tool on my LAN radio server that currently handles 12 sources of ezstream with great success in stability even under heavy load of connected listeners (icecast 2.x ain\'t so stable).
the only problem is that all users can see only the name of the station they\'re connected to but no title of the song bein\' played. i haven\'t had this problem streamin\' through icecast 2.x server so the problem isn\'t ezstream related but steamcast related.
thank you for any helping ideas.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

if you look on the web admin panel do you see the current song there?
- Jay
pavelinka

Post by pavelinka »

thanx for the quick response Jay.
there are no song names in admin panel either. see attached screenshot. the name columns contain the names of the station.

a link to a bigger screenshot http://www.spymac.com/upload/gallery/f_ ... 384121.jpg

thanx.
Deltamusic

Song Titles

Post by Deltamusic »

Depending on your source dsp plugin you are using .. ie SHOUTcast on Winamp make sure to enable \"Allow song title updates\" on the source output. 8)
...On the subject of song titles I wish there was a \"Songs Played as found on the Radio Toolbox program.I had to stop running RTB since completly switching to SteamCast cause it hangs my system when checking servers. Worked fine with the Shout dnas but I can do without as I am not going back to SC :D
"Its's not a Bug... It's A Feature!!"
Jay

Post by Jay »

How does ezstream relay song information? Currently we only support SHOUTcast style and Icecast 2 style meta data updating for mpeg streams and OGG style.

The problem is either a different implementation of the standard or a bug in steamcast. I am not familiar with ezstream.
- Jay
pavelinka

Post by pavelinka »

hey guys,
thanx for quick responses to this matter.
Currently we only support SHOUTcast style and Icecast 2 style meta data updating for mpeg streams and OGG style.
i have no problems with song titles when switching to icecast2.x using ezstream as a source but when i switch back to steamcast there's only name of the station visible on any streaming enabled media player like winamp. weird. thanx for response once again.
Jay

Post by Jay »

well what I am getting at is if Icecast 2.x uses some other method of getting song title then our implementation for ezstream like sources then I am not familiar with it. If you can find out how it works I can easily add support for it.
- Jay
pavelinka

Post by pavelinka »

just to make sure the steamcast ain\'t pointin\' what might be wrong.

a bigger one over here: http://www.spymac.com/upload/gallery/f_ ... 386932.jpg

thanx for any ideas.
Jay

Post by Jay »

ah ok I see the problem now. Steamcast expects that the source is going to send meta data under a mozilla user-agent. I'll work on a fix for the next release.
- Jay
pavelinka

Post by pavelinka »

thank U.
Jay

Post by Jay »

download 0.9.71, it fixes this issue.
- Jay
pavelinka

Post by pavelinka »

thank you.
pavelinka

Post by pavelinka »

hey jay,
my problem with not appearin\\\' the song names in new version remains the same. seems like steamcast is showing the name of the station instead of name of the currently playin\\\' song.

some pics of the realtime logs are attached.
thanx.

a bigger one http://www.spymac.com/upload/gallery/f_ ... 397299.jpg

and

a biger one http://www.spymac.com/upload/gallery/f_ ... 397300.jpg

where the name of the station is -.
Jay

Post by Jay »

well, I am sorry guys I keep messing up the win32 build obviously :/ The code is there I just forgot to recompile it before distribution. Try redownloading the server and re extracting.

Hopefully this will be the last time I release 0.9.71 :)
- Jay
pavelinka

Post by pavelinka »

thank you very much for a quick response. gonna check it out as you said.