Prblems with SAM2

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
planetradious

Prblems with SAM2

Post by planetradious »

I am currently trying to encode my streams to Steamcast. Currently they only allow 3 kinds of servers. Shoutcast, Live365, Icecast 1, and Icecast 2. How do I stream to Steamcast? Because, each time I try to encode my stream to Steam it only says "Invalid Password, Authentication required" but I have checked my password about 1000 times now and it is correct.

Currently what im doing right now is,
Trying to stream to Steamcast using the Icecast 2 encoders with a mount pointing to port 9090 with a live.mp3 mount.

If anyone knows whats wrong please let me know, THANKS! :)
Tyler Woodward
ExtremeRadio1077.com
planetradious

Post by planetradious »

Okay well I got SAM2 to finally send a stream to the Steamcast server. It was because my port was 9090 but I changed it to deafult 8000 and it worked. Which is weird, wouldnt it run on any port?

Okay now I have a new problem, Steamcast CRASHES everytime a stream is sent to it. Whats the deal with this? Thanks

The server has no listeners at all since its a new server and im testing it out.
Tyler Woodward
ExtremeRadio1077.com
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

if you are running the win32 version and you have win xp sp2 or higher please run it in Windows NT 4.0 SP5 compatibility mode. Something in the new Windows stuff is conflicting with my code. Once I have time I will fix but this will be good enough until I get out of school and get some job stuff done.
- Jay