a bug? or am I missing something??

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
DJ-Zath

a bug? or am I missing something??

Post by DJ-Zath »

Hello there and Hi to everyone!

They call me DJ Zath and I run the infamous WARP Radio Network.

I recently started using Steamcast for my main output and relay servers.. works great, except for a rather odd bug or problem...

first, the particulars:

I'm running FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p28 (VKERN) #40 and loading as a shell-access command (non-root) on all machines (except the encoder machine)

I'm running 2 mounts, one 128 and one 24 on port 8200:

http://www.warp-radio.com:8200/warp-128

http://www.warp-radio.com:8200/warp-24

I'm streaming standard MP3 (not mp3pro) as a live continueous stream.

I link to Steamcast as a "standard relay" through localhost (as a "proxy" to the listeners from the caster)

The problem I'm experienceing occurs after I disconnect and then attempt to connect again.. (or, if I lose the connection and attempt to re-connect) I receive a "WARNING: Chunk Is Already Free" error and the encoder(s) are disconnected.. over and over and will occur INDEFINATELY untill I shut down all of the servers completely and restart them... including the Relays (I'm running the servers remotely) this also occurs on all the relay servers as well (8 of them, all running FreeBSD)

it does this for BOTH relay and direct encoder connection modes.

I have gone through the configs over and over and over.. and cannot solve this problem.

Can you offer any insight as to why this is happening and what I can do to prevent having to reset the servers EVERYTIME the net burps?

You can reach me via the links in my siggy...

thanks in advance!

-DjZ
:) :)
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

I have looked in my code and the error you describe is not something Steamcast is throwing. Although that doesn't mean it is not involved or some how causing this problem.

Does the error you describe display at the encoder or within the CLI window of Steamcast?

Could you post a screen log of the activity you are seeing.
- Jay
DJ-Zath

Post by DJ-Zath »

heres a grab from the steamcast console (notice the STRANGE numbers listed for kbps!)

(^_^) WARP Radio Network (^_^)... N/A Mixed Techno Rock Alternative ... 2/1000 (2 unique) 0h 00m 01s 68199 kbps Listen
(^_^) WARP Radio Network (^_^)... N/A Mixed Techno Rock Alternative ... 0/50 (0 unique) 0h 12m 39s 23 kbps Listen
Steamcast Status
Server currently has 2 sources.
Overall Listeners: 2 of 1050 (2 unique)
Peak Listeners: 7
Average Listening Time: 0:00:00
Tune-ins: 129
5min Tune-ins: 0

and now part of the logs...
(notoce that after the "failure" everything goes to hell)

the "[05/09/2005@17:12:56] Public:1; Bitrate:128; URL:http://www.warp-radio.com
[05/09/2005@17:12:56] Content-Type: audio/mpeg
[05/09/2005@17:12:56] Source Connection Complete
[05/09/2005@17:12:56] Starting YP Services...
Cluster in free(): warning: chunk is already free
[05/09/2005@17:12:56] <yp.shoutcast.com> Error: Connection Failed for yp.sh0
[05/09/2005@17:12:56] <www.radiotoolbox.com> [add /warp-128] Error: Invalid)
[05/09/2005@17:12:56] <www.oddsock.org> [add /warp-128] Error: Invalid Sock)
[05/09/2005@17:12:56] <dir.xiph.org> [add /warp-128] Error: Invalid Socket )

-DjZ-

UPDATE:
since today, now I have been unable to get it to work AT ALL.. I'm still looking into this new problem)
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

ok, I will get this patched up for the next version, I think this is the same bug that is causing problems in the Win32 version.
- Jay
DJ-Zath

Post by DJ-Zath »

hi chief!

sorry i didn't get back to you sooner.. ( I though I DID)

first off, I wanted to thank you for your response! I appreciate that you you responded in a timely manner.

I haven't found anything new to report- the error still occurs.. however, I can keep it from happening as long as the orginal mount doesn't desync... (I have discovered that dropping the feed then reconnecting desyncs the mounts- and thats when they crash..)

once one mount crashes, BOTH mounts (and the entire steamcast server for that matter) will crash.. and burn!

I'm not sure what I can supply as for what you need for any detailed info.. the best thing I can do is to "demo" this for you when you have a chance to tune in and have a listen/chat with me..

you can also email me and I'll do what I can to further assist you in what I can do.

again, thanks for your help and assistance in this matter.

-DjZ-