Whats Playing.....

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.

What Program Do You Use As A Radio Server?

Shoutcast
No votes
Steamcast
100%
Icecast
No votes
P2P Casting
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 3

themixturemedia

Whats Playing.....

Post by themixturemedia »

Hey there Jay just checking if you have found a work around to the whats playing problem. If u do not remember what I am talking about here is a look back. I am running Winamp 5.09 oddcast 3 steamcast and icecast. Whats playing does work in icecast but does not work in steamcast any thoughts???? Also is there any news on a gui interface for steamcast. I also heard on shoutcast.com that there is not going to be anymore updates on shoutcast and there dsp any thoughts?? :twisted:
The Mixture Media Radio: :twisted:
The best on-line music from the 60's,70's,80's,90's and today. Streaming at 64kbps/48khz (MP3) and 32kbps/44khz (Ogg) 24 hours a day 7 days a week. With great sound and even better music.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

tested with the latest oddcast v3 with Vorbis and Mpeg encoding using both Icecast2 and SHOUTcast settings and I get now playing info. I cannot fix what I cannot duplicate.

Are you certain that the encoder is passing it on to the stream. If you use OGG it should as Steamcast does not modify the now playing information, it simply parses it. If you use mpeg then use SHOUTcast stream setting to see if it makes a difference.

GUI for steamcast is the last thing I am concerned about, stability is the most important part, then features. The GUI is going to be a whole seperate system so even thinking of that at this point is premature.

As for your rumor that shoutcast development is dead I have not heard that myself so I don't have any thoughts about it nor do I believe it to be true.
- Jay
themixturemedia

ok...

Post by themixturemedia »

Ok I changed it from Icecast2 to shoutcast and it fixed but I can not get a Description in it I can get it with Icecast but not steamcast and yea I have one in oddcast (Description). Any ideas???
The Mixture Media Radio: :twisted:
The best on-line music from the 60's,70's,80's,90's and today. Streaming at 64kbps/48khz (MP3) and 32kbps/44khz (Ogg) 24 hours a day 7 days a week. With great sound and even better music.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

description fields are only available in Icecast2 style streams.
- Jay