HTTP Relay Auto Retrys?

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
Maffle

HTTP Relay Auto Retrys?

Post by Maffle »

Hello, I am using a Steamcast server to relay a HTTP ICY stream. It works fine until I need to reboot my HTTP relay streaming machine (in order to change any parameters). Then the Steamcast server loses it for a couple of hours (even when the disconnect is for a couple of seconds). Finally it pulls it back up. Is there some way for me to set the Steamcast server to autoretry the HTTP relay every N seconds (if it is lost).

Thanks in advance for your answer and for someone who is trying to revive and breath life back into an important part of the Internet,

Mike
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

it should be auto connecting every 30 secs.
- Jay
Maffle

I wish it were the case

Post by Maffle »

Jay-

It doesn't work that way unfortunately. There is no other mount than the HTTP relay. PM me and I will give you IP particulars and you can check it out yourself to tell me what either I (or my streaming hosts) can do to make it work like that.

Thanks in advance

Mike
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

feel free to pm me the info on your server and I will take a look.
- Jay
Lane

Post by Lane »

Relays attempt reconnection every 10 seconds. Is there a way to change that period? I'd like to change it be more like the 30 seconds you mentioned. A variable would be nice in the conf. (and you can pull my lips off if there is one in there, cuz I've looked!)

my other question is best in it's own thread ...