Ogg Question

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
themixturemedia

Ogg Question

Post by themixturemedia »

Hey there Jay question I try to listen to my Ogg stream via foobar 2000 and it is skipping any ideas?? Also the admin panel is saying that the avg. data rate is 158 kbps when I have it set and it shows 64K on oddcast any ideas??
The Mixture Media Radio: :twisted:
The best on-line music from the 60's,70's,80's,90's and today. Streaming at 64kbps/48khz (MP3) and 32kbps/44khz (Ogg) 24 hours a day 7 days a week. With great sound and even better music.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

the skipping is due to steamcast not handling page seq fields. For some reason winamp doesn't need the server to do this, but libogg does.

Don't look too deeply into the average bitrate, ogg is a vbr codec so given time it should even out properly to your expected bitrate.
- Jay
themixturemedia

Hey

Post by themixturemedia »

Hey there Jay do you know if there is a work around for the music skipping or will you be fixing the problem later on??
The Mixture Media Radio: :twisted:
The best on-line music from the 60's,70's,80's,90's and today. Streaming at 64kbps/48khz (MP3) and 32kbps/44khz (Ogg) 24 hours a day 7 days a week. With great sound and even better music.
Jay

Post by Jay »

it will be fixed at some point.
- Jay
Jay

Post by Jay »

got this one fixed for the next release. Appearently several players ask for shoutcast meta data when they don't use it :roll:
- Jay