Windows 2003

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
webranger

Windows 2003

Post by webranger »

Hi Jay-

I "loaned" you that server a while ago. I was wondering if it was any help in fixing steamcast for Windows 2003. I know you didn't have much time, so I don't know if you got to it at all.

I'd sure like to have a server that would run on Windows 2003 server.

OOPS! . Wrong Forum sorry!.

Kevin
[size=0]New! City of Roses Radio - Rock, Blues, Jazz More[/size]
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

it seemed to run fine. I couldn't get it to do any of the things you got it to do. At some point you stopped the relay so I left it at that. It lasted a good 3 days though without any problems.
- Jay
betatester
Stream Host

Post by betatester »

I've been running it on a "the planet" win2003 and win2000 server for the last 4 days without issue. 1 in relay, 1 in live. Its the *nix versions I'm finding funny stuff in ;) (xp/xp pro, win98, win95 all seem to work fine too. Don't bother with winME)

When I have some good bug reports, I'll post it to the other thread I've been active in.
webranger

Post by webranger »

I was having the same problem with shoutcast too. I know it does work for lower bitrate files (<150k), but I always get skipping no matter what.

Anybody else using Win 2003 server?. I don't know why you didn't see the problem replicated.

Hmmm...
Jay

Post by Jay »

Post your config file and I'll see if I can replicate on the win 2003 servers I have here now :)
- Jay
webranger

Post by webranger »

I installed your new beta last night, it doesn't seem to have any issues, except that using Slavas's NSV GUI, the first thing on the playlist doesn't get it's title sent.

All in all seems great. It's been running for 12 hours and hasn't skipped once.

So with 2003 server, it's thumbs up.

:D
Jay

Post by Jay »

yea I have already talked to slavas about that, he sends the first meta title before the stream has logged in which is technically an undefined event.
- Jay
webranger

Post by webranger »

Slavas's shouter "slips" the audio on my stream. Maybe you guys could think of why?. With sc_nsv the audio stays synced perfect. Slavas's shouter "slips" a little between tracks.

After a few hours, using Slavas's windows shouter, the stream slowly slips out of sync. Hitting "play" on the client cures the problem, so it's not that much of a biggie. I think it's something that happens between shows. Maybe some keyframe glitch.

Kplayer slips too, so it's not Winamp (clients). Shoutcast slips, so it's not Steamcast.

My NSV stream in your steamcast directory is using shoutcast and Slavas's shouter. If you launch it when you go to bed, it will be very noticably out of sync when you wake up.

Got any ideas?. Maybe something I can do would fix this?.
Jay

Post by Jay »

he is probably not passing async packets properly. You have to pass ASYNC packets to properly resync clients after each track. Just look at nsvscsrc for examples on this. There isn't anything you can do from your end, slavas needs to fix his source tool.
- Jay