RTB - feature request

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
dainbramage

RTB - feature request

Post by dainbramage »

I like the way RTB saves you the trouble of doing the math on bandwidth usage. Just Alt-C and hey, I'm using 2 Mbps right now.

It would be nice if RTB stored and could report/graph that information over time. That way you could see what time of day your peaks are, what your high bandwidth and low bandwidth points are, average bandwidth..etc. It would be very useful for planning additional bandwidth purchases.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

yes this is actually already planned for a future RTB release. I would expect it to be available in the next version or two.
PROGROCK

rtb request

Post by PROGROCK »

Jay,

It would be great to have the high listener count back on the program. Thats one thing I really liked about scdc. Taking a quick glance and seeing what my listener high was today is one of the highlights of my day. hehe j/k But it is nice to know that.

Jerry
PROGROCK.COM
Jay

Post by Jay »

You got it, those stats will be back in the next version
- Jay
PROGROCK

rtb request

Post by PROGROCK »

Thanks Jay,

You DA MAN!
herranz

maybe too simple

Post by herranz »

Maybe this request is too simple, but a can you add a button to open the log directly from the program main window? I think it would save some time, replacing the procedure of going to the rtb folder and opening the log there.

Also, is there a way to generate several logs? Let me explain: in order for the log not to grow up maybe it is possible to put a size limit to it and then start automatically writing a new log, maybe numbered to show progression. It would be an easy way to store daily statistics for the station and make reaing the log an easier task. When after a 24 hour period you find a 1.25 mb log you don't want to check it, believe me.
Jay

Post by Jay »

those things are doable :)
- Jay
herranz

Beautiful

Post by herranz »

I'm already using the 1b and it runs smoothly. It feels good to see a couple of things that I wanted already there :D Thanks for that, Jay.

A question: what's the Mount text box for?

The real time stats look very good indeed. Is there a way to show them at the web site? They would be a very interesting item for the listeners and of course for the sponsors.

Added request: I don't know if it is possible, but maybe the logs could be made smaller if the RTB only added a line when the listeners count changed. I don't know if I make myself clear, but that way if you have 5 listeners for 1 hours and then one more starts to listen you only have two lines in the log and not 120 lines that say the same. Please tell me I did explain myself :?
Jay

Re: Beautiful

Post by Jay »

herranz wrote:I'm already using the 1b and it runs smoothly. It feels good to see a couple of things that I wanted already there :D Thanks for that, Jay.

A question: what's the Mount text box for?
The mount box is for those who have /something/some.mp3 in their stream url, for instance, Icecast2 has /some.ogg. Or Live365 stations have something like http://www.live365.com/play/10112 as a stream url that is readily appearent. And rather then trying to hunt down their IP and Port, they can now put www.live365.com as the IP, 80 as the Port and /play/10112 as their Mount point, and the program will resolve their true IP, Port and Mount that Live365 actually uses. However it should be noted that since Live365 is going to a dynamic IP system the originaly script that we go to for stats at their site no longer works. I am not sure if there is going to be a replacement, So Live365 stats will work for some of you and others not.
herranz wrote: The real time stats look very good indeed. Is there a way to show them at the web site? They would be a very interesting item for the listeners and of course for the sponsors.
Well I plan to add them to the Webadmin however no plans to add that stuff to the other services like FTP or Script, because using a Script you could essentially calculate the information. We will have logging services here for your clients if you wish to show numbers to advertisers or artists.
herranz wrote: Added request: I don't know if it is possible, but maybe the logs could be made smaller if the RTB only added a line when the listeners count changed. I don't know if I make myself clear, but that way if you have 5 listeners for 1 hours and then one more starts to listen you only have two lines in the log and not 120 lines that say the same. Please tell me I did explain myself :?
We could do that, the only problem is you lose accuracy. The log will serve more of a purpose for the program itself very soon when I introduce graphs and charts about your stations activities. And it will need the accuracy of the redundant entries in order to be truely as accurate as it can.
- Jay
herranz

Accuracy loss

Post by herranz »

Maybe an advanced RTB could provide both options? One detailed for accuracy and other like I proposed for a handy overview?
Jay

Post by Jay »

well I could write a parser into RadioToolBox that will make the log easier to read by parsing out redundant entries. That will go with the set of functions for graphing
- Jay
herranz

Post by herranz »

Thanks. I just toss out ideas, you are the genie that turns wishes into real things :wink: