Song titles not changing on webpage

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
crikfm

Post by crikfm »

Here is an update.

From the numerous forums I have been inviolved in, the problem may be two fold.

One of the differences is the OS. I was previously on a server with Microsoft-IIS/5.0 but the new server has Microsoft-IIS/6.0. This combined with php version 5.0 installed on the server is what I have been lead to believe is causing the grief.

The interpreter on version 5 apparently does not play well with php for version 4.x, and by default, this server OS is not friendly with php's either unless you know what your doing.

Either way, my solution is to seek out a new web provider.

Jay, does this jive with your knowledge on php? Is there more to it than this?

Rick
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

ah yea that makes perfect sense. seems a few providers are going to PHP5 now so I may have to revisit the packaged code to make it PHP5 friendly. your best option for now is a PHP4 provider. It is strange that they just upgraded your PHP like that, going from PHP4 to PHP5 is nothing minor and if I were a provider would at least take steps to make sure everyone understood why I was doing it and the side effects of doing such a thing.
- Jay
themixturemedia

Post by themixturemedia »

Hey there I am not sure if this is the same thing but I think it is. I am running a web server and PHP 5.1.2 and I am not having a problem. If anything it might be a problem with there web server and PHP 5 I am not having problems with PHP 5.
The Mixture Media Radio: :twisted:
The best on-line music from the 60's,70's,80's,90's and today. Streaming at 64kbps/48khz (MP3) and 32kbps/44khz (Ogg) 24 hours a day 7 days a week. With great sound and even better music.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

yea but he is running it slightly differently then you but yes he noted the webserver change. Which is certainly relevant.
- Jay