RTB keeps shutting down

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
johnnygnote

RTB keeps shutting down

Post by johnnygnote »

First thanks for a great tool I know writing software isn't easy and to make it open source is much appreciated. Now I've been using RTB for about a little over a week mu station has been on for quite a length of time with a few breaks over the week for maintenance. Every once in while I get an error message "RTB has caused an error and will shut down, please restart the application" On occasion it will give the message on activation. Everything is running great myscripts are in place and my website is updating well. On a couple of occasions I went to the icon in my tray to check stats and the icon dissapears and the error appears. I'm running win2k with the latest version Winamp, server and dsp plugin. I've tried reinstalling but the same thing happens. Let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks
johnnygnote

Post by johnnygnote »

well still getting the error periodicaly and losing RTB it's a drag as my stats keeping reseting to the last time it was on so my stats are not keeping up. Everything seems to be working fine just occasionaly I get this error "rtb.exe has caused an error and will shut down, restart the application etc..." and RTB shuts down, I would appreciate any advice or help with this.

Thanks
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

when you reinstalled did you completely delete the radio toolbox directory? Also what servers are you monitoring with it?
- Jay
johnnygnote

Post by johnnygnote »

No I didn't, I guess I should try that, I'm monitoring the latest winamp/shoutcast server.
hiro

Post by hiro »

Same problem. Radio Toolbox1.1.1 crashes after hours again and again.
So I switched back to the old 1.0 bata 4, it works perfect.
How to fix this?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

what OS are you running RTB on, what servers are you monitoring? I need as much information about your installation as you can give otherwise I can't be much help.
- Jay
hiro

Post by hiro »

Win xp home edition, Winamp5.21 - shoutcast dsp1.9.0 - shoutcast 1.95 with mp3 128k stream.
johnnygnote

Post by johnnygnote »

I'm using Windows 2k sp4 and monitoring the most recent Winamp Server ware. I have 2 seperatre stations on 2 different systems (both running the same configuration, my 1.1 gig sys seems to be alright but my 500mhz sys is the one that keeps losing RTB to shutdowns.

sorry I took so long to get back, Thanks
Trueheart

Post by Trueheart »

I have the same issue. RTB will crash for no reason from time to time.

I'm running WindowsXP Home Edition

Using Winamp 5.35
Shoutcast Source DSP version 1.9.0
Monitoring Shoutcast Server version 1.9.8
RTB version 1.1.1
bounceradio

Post by bounceradio »

I agree with everyone else; this is a great program. The problem though is that it crashes a lot. I have tried it on two different XP SP2 machines wiht a minimum of 1.5G RAM. Both crashed inside 24 hours. I even pulled out an old Win98 machine and attempted to run it there (this machine is dedicated to this program only, and it crashed there even more frequently. Any suggestions on how to improve the stability would be appreciated. Other than that, this is a great program. Thanks

Jammin John
BounceRadio