RTB crashing

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
kmaid

RTB crashing

Post by kmaid »

Hiya, I have seen this problem occur for other people and its happining to me aswell. I have RTB and my shoutcast server running on a VPS operating on Windows Server 2003 64 bit. Every 10-30 mins the program dies silently the icon in the tray just disapering when you hover your mouse over it. The log files show nothing unusual but i would be happy to post if it would help. I'm happy to post any infomation to help solve the bug. Would it be possible in the mean time to get a copy of your older program and see if that solves the problem?

Thanks
kmaid

*edit*
Winamps not installed and when i double click the server on the main viewer it comes up with a perl error which i assume is another bug.
kmaid

Post by kmaid »

Noticed somthing odd, The error only seems to happen when the programs hidden in the tray. Im not 100% sure on that though it could just be an abnormaly long timebetween crashes. The other thing thats diffrent is that i have been logged onto the terminal the whole time. Ill leave the program unminimised till i wake up and post again.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Radio Toolbox has never been compiled or tested to run in a 64bit environment. I suspect that is the problem. Also your perl error is because the PLS format is assigned to the perl application. You need to go to general options and set ASX or M3U as your listen format to have windows media open instead.
- Jay
kmaid

Post by kmaid »

I would assume that the program just retrives the data on 7.html and processes it, A 64bit should not alter any of that. The error happened again while i was asleep so its nothing to do with being mininmised in tray or not. If i had the time i would code somthing simmilar x.x
kmaid

Post by kmaid »

Mehhhh, I ran it on my home system which is windows xp SP1 32bit and it crashed again >.>. Such a pain because this program does exactly what i need. Does anyone know an alternitive program to monitor shoutcast server bandwith?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

You can private message me your server list and I will test it here. I run it for weeks without any issue. Also, no, it doesn't parse 7.html as earlier versions of SHOUTcast lacked some information it needed.
- Jay
kmaid

Post by kmaid »

erm, I have decided it wouldnt be a good idea to do it as im running a small stream hosting facility and all the passwords are in plain view of my managing program. Is there some diagnostic tests i could run?