Radiotoolbox scripts crashing my server

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
crikfm

Radiotoolbox scripts crashing my server

Post by crikfm »

Hi Jay.

I use 5 separate scripts on my server to show the song titles on my 5 stations.

After over 2 years of using the scripts without any incidents, recently, as in the last 2 or 3 weeks, the webserver my site is hosted on, suddenly started to crash hard. This would occur every day or two. It would crash so hard that my web host provider would have to rebuild the website's array from scratch and of course I would loose all my settings.

My provider says that the scripts are the culprit. Over the last few weeks they have been sending continuous errors to the server until it eventually crashed. Since he disabled the scripts the site has returned to a more stable state.

My question is to confirm if this can or has happened to any other users and if there is a way I can get the scripts to work again?

Thanks
Rick
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

That is a bit hard to believe, but I will caution you on a few things.

The scripts you are using are likely to be built with PHP4 in mind. That said you need to have and idea of whether or not the server is running PHP4 and if it is running the new PHP5 what the exact context of the errors are. Is it load? Is it a code problem? etc.

Feel free to get back to me in this thread with more info on what the errors are and I will be glad to investigate this myself. As of now I have no other information to support that these scripts could be the cause of the issue.
- Jay
adsprojects

Post by adsprojects »

Hey Jay,

My name is Adam, i own UkOnlineHosting where ricks servers are hosued.

I have jumped in here to help the guy out.

As Rick says his site has run fine without any hickups for the enitre time he has been hosted with us (2 + years)

Ricks site is hosted on its own dedicated cluster due to the large load on his site. The cluster only falls over when the scrips are enabled on the website, when there removed the site is sweet as a nut.

The cluster is running Windows 2003 server with PHP verstion 4.4.7 (i have tried 5.2.3 with the same result)

There is no patten to the crashing, Sometimes it can be fine for near 2 days, other times as soon as the cluster reboots it falls over again.

I have the event logs from the cluster from when they last fell over due a result of the scripts. Just before the cluster there are hundreds of these errors milli seconds appart:

Time: 19:11:00
The script started from the URL '/variety/variety.php' with parameters '' has not responded within the configured timeout period. The HTTP server is terminating the script.

The script started from the URL '/variety/variety.php' with parameters '' has not responded within the configured timeout period. The HTTP server is terminating the script.

The script started from the URL '/Variety/variety.php' with parameters '' has not responded within the configured timeout period. The HTTP server is terminating the script.

The script started from the URL '/70s/catcher.php' with parameters '' has not responded within the configured timeout period. The HTTP server is terminating the script.

The script started from the URL '/rock/rock.php' with parameters '' has not responded within the configured timeout period. The HTTP server is terminating the script.

(and so on..... there are hundreds)

I have even gone to the lengths of moving his site to test clustrer i have in the lab to make sure its not a Hardware or software issue, yet the result is the same.

Can you shed anylight ?

Ads