RTB crashes (like few times a hour)

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
Robin

RTB crashes (like few times a hour)

Post by Robin »

Hello,

I'm using RadioToolBox for my french web radio station to show the latest 10 songs and the current song on the website.

Since I use RTB the program crashes few times a hour and I don't know why.

Nothing in the logs... I'm also using RTB catcher.

Any help ?

Thanks.
DaveTrouser

Re: RTB crashes (like few times a hour)

Post by DaveTrouser »

Robin wrote: Since I use RTB the program crashes few times a hour and I don't know why.

Nothing in the logs... I'm also using RTB catcher.
I have the same problem. RTB just quits with no explanation. Song titles or artist names with special characters in them seem to be what does it.

It's getting to be rather annoying!
pirata

Post by pirata »

Hi,

I got the same problem. I posted a workaround in this forum yesterday. Have a look and see if it works for now, i.e. until Jay fixes the problem for good... :wink:
Captain Nilsson
http://pirata.biz/
Radio Pirata Managua Nicaragua
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Well the solution is a new Radio Toolbox. I am pursuing this option. The old one would just require way too much updating to accommodate special characters. The good thing is that the solution I am looking into now would make Radio Toolbox work in multiple environments without much effort on the development side. So hopefully this will be completed soon. I will say that the first version will not likely be as good as the current 1.1.1 but it will get there and hopefully better with time.
- Jay
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

I need feeds that are running international characters, so if you are running one with lots of artists with international characters please post them. I am testing Unicode support in the new Radio Toolbox.
- Jay