Error Message

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
Trueheart

Error Message

Post by Trueheart »

On the radio tool box there is a message at the bottom, "Log Service Touched (Authentication Failed!)" What does this mean?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: Error Message

Post by Jay »

It means that the username and password in Option->General is set wrong. Do you have an online log service account?
- Jay
Trueheart

Post by Trueheart »

Yes I do have an online log service account. The other day I had to sign in wiith my forum username and password in order to import the old username and password used for the stats/log area. The username and password that was imported is the same username and password that I've been using in radio tool box since I installed it on my computer some months ago.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Well I would go in and double check the username and password of your Radio Toolbox application and make sure it is set to your forum username and password. The password will be case sensitive. It looks like it imported successfully though.
- Jay
Trueheart

Post by Trueheart »

So I now have to put my forum username and password into the application, in place of the username and password that is used to log the stats on the RTB site?
Jay

Post by Jay »

Yes, the authentication backend is now centralized so you have only one username and password for all the services here.
- Jay
Trueheart

Post by Trueheart »

Okay so if I only need to use one password now for both the forum and the log account, then why isn't the information contained in the RTB log file showing in the online log account?
Jay

Post by Jay »

I am assuming you are saying that you are certain that your username and password are correct in Radio Toolbox. Please PM the contents of your rtb.ini file so I can test it out on my end.
- Jay
Trueheart

Post by Trueheart »

I think I figured out the problem. I had to shut down the application and restart it for the error message to go away. Now to see if it starts logging to the site.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Ah yea, when it got the failed authentication the touch times change. I see that it touched now.
- Jay
Trueheart

Post by Trueheart »

Yes, it's logging to the site now. The app is quite tempermental.